on 2 May 2002
I used this book as a starting point for my econometrics courses for my MSc. I've never done econometrics and not much statistics before. It contains a surprising amount of detail and though can sometimes be a bit lacking in places (the more advanced topics which you probably wouldnt look for in an intro book like this anyway. so kudos for NOT covering them in detail!) its an excellent text. Highly recommended as a text book for beginners or as a reference to all and sundry.
on 25 May 2002
This textbook comes with many "real" examples which allow readers to learn and realize the applications of econometric techniques. It also gives an introduction to panel data and time series methods which are very common in empirical works, but not covered by many introductory textbooks.
on 5 January 1999
I used this book while I was a student of the Delhi School of Economics. This is the ideal book to start your studies of Econometrics. Infact, I would recommend reading this book before moving on to any area related to Econometrics.
on 20 November 2002
This book could be very useful for students who don't have strong econometric knowledges but are interested in a complete (but superficial) overview of the main topics in econometrics. The simple and clear language used by the author and the number of example suggested represent the most important advanteges of this book. I wouldn't suggest this book to postgraduate students who are already familiar with classical linear model and estimatin's problems.
on 3 July 1998
Gujarati succeeds in making this subject interesting, given the difficult nature of the subject. For the less mathematically minded among us (including myself), the algebra and proofs are simple to follow in the brilliant appendices.
on 1 October 2002
This book is quite good for beginners in econometrics. It contains all the necessary beginner material, and more besides. However, it falls down on the fact that it fails to give precise explanations. It will explain something, then restate it, then restate it a different way and then another completely different way for good measure - this can be extremely confusing for novices.
on 4 September 1999
Usually econometric terms and its implications should be not clear for people who haven't studied economics. This book saves to beginers students and people interested in economics, a lot of work on reading. We used this book, 3 years and have been a great helpful for my job, and teaching. All our universities uses Prof. Gujarati's book in courses of Econometrics
on 29 March 1998
This book makes econometrics easy, and explains the theories that are actually behind the applications. Very good reading, even if you choose not to involve yourself in much math.
on 8 December 1996
This book give us a clear concept for econometrics. It fits economical and non-economical students. It also fits undergraduate and graduate students.
on 7 June 2011
I JUST WANNA SAY THAT THIS BOOK IS THE BEST. GUJARATI HAS EVERYTHING INSIDE AND IT IS SO EASY TO READ. I HAVE READ A LOT OF BOOKS FOR ECONOMETRICS AND THIS IS THE ONE THAT MAKE ME TO UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE. ENJOY!!!!