Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2009 13:26:47 BDT
Yet again another first class DVD from 2Entertain, but I was shocked and saddened to see how frail Barry Letts was in the Documentary Frighten Factor - I wasn't even aware that he'd been ill.

I'm sure everyone who remembers Barry's enormous contribution to Classic Who will join me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Posted on 21 May 2009 13:29:07 BDT
Yes indeed.
He along with his friend Terrance Dicks are legends in my opinion.The Pertwee era of
Dr Who is fondly remembered not just by fans,but by avid TV viewers alike,and it got
me hooked onto the programme big time.
Even after all those years he still maintains his links with the show,and i for one enjoy
listening to his anecdotes.Please get well soon Barry.

Posted on 29 May 2009 19:56:28 BDT
Paul Tapner says:
quite right. very startling to see him without his hair. I wish him well

Posted on 3 Jul 2009 06:46:38 BDT
I was also shocked to see Barry in that documentary. Does anyone know what illness he had?

Posted on 1 Sep 2009 10:12:12 BDT
David says:
It took me a moment to realise that it was Barry Letts. Barry contributed so much to Doctor Who - especially the Jon Pertwee era which is my favourite. I recently listened and really enjoyed his reading of his adaption of The Daemons (well worth adding to any Who fans collection) - he gets the characters voices down to a tee. I wish him a very speedy recovery and hope we will have the pleasure of listening to him on future Pertwee dvd audio commentary tracks.

Posted on 12 Oct 2009 15:09:35 BDT
David says:
I have just heard the sad news that Barry Letts has passed away. This is ironic as I was enjoying his contribution the the commentary tracks on the Dalek War box set. Barry you will allways be remembered for your outstanding contibution to Doctor Who. On behalf of the many Doctor Who fans I thank you and will miss you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  20 May 2009
Latest post:  12 Oct 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Deadly Assassin [DVD] [1976]
Doctor Who - The Deadly Assassin [DVD] [1976] by Tom Baker (DVD - 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (52)