- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (6 Dec. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471489530
- ISBN-13: 978-0471489535
- Product Dimensions: 22.6 x 2.2 x 28.9 cm
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
2,263,818 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1890 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- #2967 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- #3034 in Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- See Complete Table of Contents
Bar and Restaurant Interior Structures Hardcover – 6 Dec 2002
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
" coffee table glossy, showcases the most experimental interiors from Las Vegas to Leeds " (Evening Standard, 15 January 2003)
" a lavishly illustrated book on the latest, coolest bars and restaurants great photos to inspire you with ideas for your home " (Evening Standard, 19 February 2003)
" lavishly Illustrated " (Building Design, 21 February 2003)
" a juicy photo tome " (Blueprint, March 2003)
" touches on many interesting issues polished photographs of restaurant projects accompanied by succinct summaries it does very well " (FX Magazine, February 2003)
" the photos of the latest bars are stunning " (BBC Good food Magazine, April 2003)
" the pictures are great and the spaces surveyed even better " (Class, June 2003)
From the Inside Flap
Over the last 20 years a renaissance of bar and restaurant culture has provided architects and designers with the opportunity to pursue a realm of ideas, experimenting with materials, light and colour to provide a dramatic backdrop to everyday life. Eating and drinking have become synonymous with fun and escapism, and the possible ways for interior spaces to achieve that combination are endless. Underground spaces, railway arches and train stations are all transformed into places to sit and relax.
Bar and Restaurant Interior Structures is an introduction to an international range of these diverse ideas about the design of bars and restaurants, identifying global influences in terms of style and culture. This collection of projects brings together current ideas and a glimpse of the possibilities that can be achieved in future interior space.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Planning
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Drafting
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Techniques & Tools > Structure & Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Public Buildings
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Interior Design
- Books > Home & Garden > Interior Design & Decoration > Styles & Decor