Band of Brothers 1 Season 2001
Amazon Instant Video
1. Currahee On June 4, 1944--just two days before the Allied invasion of Normandy--Lts. Richard Winters and Lewis Nixon reflect back on the events and training that led them to D-Day with the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment E (a.k.a. Easy Company).
2. Day of Days D-Day. Due to German flak, the tense men of Easy Company are dropped indiscriminately throughout the Normandy countryside, forcing Lt. Winters (Damian Lewis) to team up with a private from another company until he can find his mates.
3. Carentan On D-Day plus two, the scattered men of Easy Company regroup with the help of Pvt. Albert Blithe (Marc Warren). Lt. Welsh (Rick Warden) then delivers their orders: they must take the town of Carentan.
4. Replacements Back in England, Easy Company's D-Day veterans heal their bodies and minds while getting acquainted with green replacement members. However, their respite ends quickly when they are sent into Holland as part of Operation Market-Garden.
5. Crossroads In this episode directed by Tom Hanks, Lt. Winters (Damian Lewis) leads a contingent on a risky mission over a Dutch dike. Meanwhile, Easy is left in the hands of Lt. 'Moose' Heyliger, who undertakes a rescue mission in the besieged town of Arnhem.
6. Bastogne In the dead of winter, the men of Easy Company fend off frostbite and hunger--in addition to the enemy--while holding the line in a forest outside of Bastogne. Meanwhile, exhausted medic Eugene Roe finds friendship with a Belgian nurse.
7. The Breaking Point After the draining winter at Bastogne, Easy Company faces an enormous challenge: they must take the town of Foy from the enemy despite the incompetence of their new commander, Lt. Dike.
8. The Last Patrol Easy Company is ordered to send a patrol to take enemy prisoners in the Alsatian town of Haguenau. Lt. Hank Jones (Colin Hanks), fresh from West Point and eager for combat experience, volunteers to lead them.
9. Why We Fight Arriving in Germany to very little resistance, the men discover an abandoned Nazi concentration camp still filled with emaciated prisoners.
10. Points In the conclusion of this HBO miniseries, Major Winters leads Easy Company into the Bavarian town of Berchtesgaden--once the home of the Third Reich's officers--and receives orders to take the abandoned 'Eagle's Nest,' Hitler's…
|Genres||Military & War, Drama, Historical|
|Director||Phil Alden Robinson|
|Starring||Damian Lewis, Ron Livingston|
|Supporting actors||Donnie Wahlberg, Kirk Acevedo, David Schwimmer|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
The best series of it's kind ever made. Brilliantly acted and researched. This set is worth every penny.Published 7 days ago by P. Hampton
Quite simply, the best war film (or series) I have ever seen. Adding the actual soldiers that survived the war just immerses you deeper into a brilliant series of films. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Jason
Excellent service ; great item; 100% recommended; many thankksPublished 13 days ago by Cheryl Davis