Image not available for
|Price:||£14.78 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- The Kane Gang emerged from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne’s successful Kitchenware stable in the
early 1980s, with a distinctive, gritty brand of lyrically acerbic, blue-eyed soul/funk.
- Released in early 1985, debut album THE BAD & LOWDOWN WORLD OF THE KANE GANG reached No. 21 in the album charts and has been unavailable on CD for well over a decade.
- The album boasted several hit singles: ‘Small Town Creed’ (No. 60), ‘Closest Thing To Heaven’ (No. 12), a cover of the Staple Singers’ ‘Respect Yourself’ (No. 21) and ‘Gun Law’ (No. 53).
- Compiled and collated by founder members Dave Brewis, Martin Brammer and Paul Woods, THE BAD & LOWDOWN WORLD OF THE KANE GANG is now treated to a 3-CD deluxe edition.
- The original album has been re-mastered with a host of non-album bonus tracks and debut
single ‘Brother Brother’, including the best of the many remixes from the period.
- The package also boasts a baker’s dozen of previously unheard Kane Gang demos, recorded
during and after the album sessions (and prior to their second album).
- Disc 3 is given over to an exclusive live concert from Glasgow Strathclyde University 17/11/84, only two tracks from which were originally released as B-sides.
- Dave, Martin and Paul have been interviewed for the lengthy sleeve-notes.
Three CDs so plenty of extras. The demo CD has a few good songs on it and the 'Live' is worth a listen as well recorded. Seems to define the period very well before Miracle.Published 2 months ago by Lilypop
This 3 CD deluxe edition from The Kane Gang is a must buy. Disc 1 includes The Kane Gang's hits 'Closest Thing To Heaven' and 'Small Town Creed' amongst many other fantastic... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Gail