Get Two Popular Backyard Chickens Books for One Low Price!
This book package combines Backyard Chickens: The Beginner's Guide to Raising and Caring for Backyard Chickens and The Backyard Chickens Handbook: What You Need to Know to Raise Backyard Chickens into one easy to navigate book package.
Here is the book description for Backyard Chickens: The Beginner's Guide.
Are you considering raising backyard chickens?
If you are, then Backyard Chickens: The Beginner's Guide is the book you've been looking for. This valuable guide covers everything you need to know to get started raising a flock of chickens in your backyard. Raising chickens is easy, but it's all too easy to make costly mistakes when you're first getting started. This book takes most of the guesswork out of raising backyard chickens.
The following topics are covered in this helpful book:
- Why you should be raising backyard chickens.
- The big differences between commercial eggs and the fresh eggs you get from backyard chickens.
- The handful of supplies you need to get started.
- Designing a coop.
- Feeding and watering your chickens. Includes tutorials on how to build an inexpensive waterer and feeder.
- The various types of bedding.
- The deep litter system of bedding.
- Free-range chickens.
- Breed selection for laying and meat birds.
- Feeding your chickens.
- What diatomaceous earth is and how it can benefit you.
- Predator control.
- Brooding chicks. How to hatch chicks and raise them to adulthood.
- Chicken laws and ordinances.
Here is the book description for The Backyard Chickens Handbook: What You Need to Know to Raise Backyard Chickens
All the information you need to raise backyard chickens in one quick and easy guide.
This handy book gives you all the information you need to raise and keep a flock of backyard chickens.
The Backyard Chickens Handbook is a greater starter book for those looking to raise a new flock of chickens. It's also a good book for seasoned vets to have on hand as a reminder of the best practices for hatching, raising and feeding backyard chickens.