on 17 June 2011
I use this with a HTC Desire Z and an original Desire. Does what it says but do not use cheap batteries.

It did not work well with cheap batteries, and in fact partially drained the phone I think. I now use Duracells in it, (so I can check their charge with the levels on the side)and I get a couple of charges out of them, which is useful for when travelling, and thats why I got it.
on 11 February 2012
Work absolutely fine with NiMH rechargeable batteries, I use the 'Good to go' sort so they don't lose their charge. This adaptor also works very well just plugged in to the phone while I am using it mounted on the bike, meaning I can have it and the display on all day dislaying a map and GPS without worrying about the battery running out. Recommended.
on 26 September 2011
I bought this to take to a 4 day music festival. I have an HTC Desire HD, which isn't exactly light on battery, and this little device worked perfectly.

Very straight forward to use - stick 4 AA batteries in, turn it on, plug it into the phone, and a couple of hours later your phone battery is fully charged. Excellent product.
on 5 July 2012
I bought this to take to Le Mans race weekend, where the campsites aren't known for their plug sockets and I needed my phone for work. This thing was a lifesaver, especially coupled with some bulk-buy Duracell batteries from Amazon. I used it to charge my Blackberry 9700 Bold without any trouble. It did the phone no harm, and one set of batteries charged the phone completely about twice! Probably safer than using foreign plug sockets with different voltages too, would definitely recommend it for those on the go!
on 4 October 2012
This charger put the life back into my Wildfire S.
It uses 4 AA which will get you 1 full charge in about 3 hours and about 50% charge in 5 hours the second time round.
For speed and top performance use a fresh set of batteries for every charge.
I bought a few one-pound multi-packs which did the job
on 18 June 2013
I have a phone which does not have great battery life and usually runs out at the most inopportune moments. I also have two sets of high Ma hour batteries from an old camera. This enables me to not have to worry at all about be out of touch when on a trip. Also being aa batteries if both my sets should also run out I can just buy disposables. I have been told that these with 4 batteries are the way to go as the voltage is correct without using a built in wasteful inverter. My only wish is that the lead were detachable from the unit as I imagine this is where it will fail if anywhere. Great thing though!
on 28 May 2013
works on my nexus 7 and Sony Experia P, just like it says on the tin/advert/ I like the first one bought two more
on 23 February 2013
I bought this to extend the range on my phone while out and about. It is very light (until you add batteries) and compact. Fitting nicely into a pocket. It is slim so you don't notice it in the pocket. I'm using 4x 2400mAh AA rechargeables and getting ~4 full charges on my smart phone.

This seems to be a sensible solution to charging your phone when away from a regular power supply.

Buy one!
on 14 March 2013
Well not as good as I was hoping for. Also bought some new Duracell rechargeable batteries to give it the best shot.
Phone reduced to 32% power and connected charger. Also turned phone off. Left overnight to replenish, but only got to 74% then stopped. Phone incidentally is Galaxy III.
Better than nothing, so I will just have to take a lot of charged batteries to Cornbury Festival!
on 9 May 2014
Very good charger, only drawback is the connection does get heated slightly. I don't know if this is what other people have been experiencing? Would reccomend. Very good value as well.

It would be interesting to know whether it's compatible with Google Glass. Glass takes a Micro USB, so surely you could plug that in and have a long battery life?

Thanks for reading