Format: Diary|Change

on 8 June 2013
I like the design of this product, but find the inclusion of the author's recipes very out of place and irritating. When my son is looking at his history in 20 years, does he really want to read about baby puree recipes?? Also would have been nice to have more memento pockets and some free notes pages.
on 12 July 2011
Obviously I knew it was an Annabel Karmel brand before I bought the book but I was totally unprepared for the signed quotes from Annabel on every page! It's not my thing at all, really in your face and totally unsubtle which is rather a shame as the content otherwise isn't too bad. It doesn't have as much in it as the Winnie the pooh baby book or the guess how much I love you baby book both of which give some space for beyond the first year and have pages for all the major events. This book has a section for one major event (christening or first christmas but not both).
I don't want to remember my baby via Annabel Karmel but would feel too embarassed to give it to a friend so it's going to a charity shop...
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2009
I bought this book after a lot of deliberation and checking through various other baby books. Must say this has been the best purchase. The information has been chronologically presented,which is what i wanted. It has everything that one can think of telling one's baby about her first year.The colours of the book are subtle yet beautiful.My Favourites are the family tree and the teething section. Each month has a complete page to itself which we love to fill in. Without doubt, it's a must-have.
on 13 May 2011
When i was pregnant i looked at a lot of these record books, but all of them seemed a bit false, if that's the right word!! When i looked at this one, i liked how it was so simple and the year is nicely broken down throughout the book. Plenty of places for pictures!! One thing i didn't realise when i bought it is when you get later on in the book and you are weaning, there are receipes for different stages, which i thought was handy. Has a lovely soft cover too. Basically its a great little book and would be an ideal gift for anyone you know who is expecting!!
on 9 October 2011
Great journal which includes pages for so many different things: a family tree, birth announcement card, 'what was happening the year born (films, tv, chart music, news headlines etc),teeth chart, all 'firsts', then pages for each month upto 1year. I highly reccommend this as others I looked at only included some of these pages this seemed to be the only one that had it all.
Only drawback is that the cover looks more like a normal book, so not as pretty but content makes up for it.
on 3 June 2011
What a wonderful book this is. Having originally purchased a book by a different author then found it was woefully inadequate with the content you could enter, this was an ideal choice for everything I want.

As you would expect it covers parents, family tree, birth annoucements, teeth chart, movement, monthly activities and milestones. However the exta bits it has are what makes it special. Sections like "My first few days" and "About my world" and "Special occasions" (which caters for christening or naming day, finally!) are super. As you would expect with Annabel Karmel, there are even a few receipes to try in the 'First tastes' section :) There are lots of spaces for photos of every occasion so no need to miss anything.

I particularly like some of the headings which you don't see in other books, examples are "the things i do with my food" (as we all know babies don't often just eat it!), "funny noises I make", "funny things I do", "my best noises", "cute things I do", "I first moved to a big cot", etc.

If you are looking for a lovely, comprehensive little hardback book of your child's first year, I would highly recommend this one.
on 16 November 2010
This book is lovely. It is hardback but with a slightly cushioned front cover. Lots of information to fill in which will be nice to look back on, really nice book and very glad I bought it. There is also a little pocket where you could put a lock of hair, scan pictures etc, would definitely recommend this to everyone, brilliant buy, very pleased with it.
on 15 November 2010
This book is great. So many different sections to fill in and remember all the things your baby does. Great family tree section and also a nice little bit about how mummy met daddy. I bought this for my sister in law and one for myself as I liked it so much. Highly recommended.
on 2 March 2010
I have 3 baby books for my daughter and this is the one i like best - my favourite part of it is the month by month pages with questions on one page and space for your photos on the other.
on 2 July 2013
I am very pleased with this book. There is a section for before the baby is born, the birth, the first few days (not that I filled that in until later!), bath time, bedtime, appearance talking and movement milestones, feeding, outings and special occasions. There is then a month by month section where you can record new things that your baby is doing. There are quotes from annabel Kramer on each page, which I quite liked, and there are a few recipes, which I suppose could be helpful but I already had them anyway.there's also a small envelope for keepsake items, where I have kept my boys baby bands from the hospital.