Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 November 2012
When I first read this book I thought it was not very good, partly because there are some minor inaccuracies (eg name Celia the author maintains is a derivation of Cecilia but in fact it has a different origin to Cecilia and is from the Latin caelum/caeli for sky/heaven whereas Cecilia is from Caecus meaning blind or sightless). However, I've been using it more now and find that most of the material is accurate, it covers names from a range of cultures and is full of interest. Given that it is a tiny book, the author has done well to include so much material. So for the price it is brilliant.
on 31 May 2014
I know it was cheap but it is old stock therefore not prisitne condition as regards colour of paper and also rather out of date and there are more up to date versions of reprints so if I had realised I would have paid more for the latest edition.Next time I will be more careful in my selection.
on 17 July 2011
sorry to say I was very dissapointed with this book, not what I expected at all, did not go into enough detail for my liking
on 2 February 2015
Pocket sized book, lots of information. I am hoping for a lovely name chosen by my daughter for my first Grandchild!