on 30 August 2011
i don't use hair driers very often, due to the fact i have curly hair, but this one is fine, does what is says on the tin. and a great price to.
on 20 September 2011
Having had a Babyliss hairdryer for 20 years (yes it was a shock to me too when I calculated the age), I wasnt really expecting my new Babyliss to come up to the same standard. However, I was very impressed with the weight, especially as some reviews had mentioned how heavy it was. Also some people had commented that the flex was too short - I found the length more than adequate for my use. All in all my new Babyliss is a great replacement for my old model and I just hope that it lasts as long as the last one.
on 11 October 2014
Brilliant for the price. It dries my hair without damaging it, and although it's not as sturdy as other driers that I have had, it was so reasonably priced that it seemed unfair for that to stop me giving it five stars.
on 9 December 2010
This is a replacement for a similar BaByliss dryer which lasted well over ten years, and which still works.

It is very effective in doing what it is meant to do, which is to dry your hair, and it does that well. It offers a good range of heat and speed settings which should make sure that it deals with most hair types, and my wife has also said that it is effective on her mid length hair. It is not whisper quiet, but it is light to handle, and as it works very quickly on the fast/hot setting, there is little to complain about in the noise stakes. At the Amazon price, and with a three year manufacturer's guarantee, this dryer can be recommended as a good low price buy.
0Comment|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2011
A good hairdryer but the handle is too short and it makes it akward to old without pressing the cool air button.
on 1 September 2011
The dryer is fast and powerful and the cool shot is great (especially in the hot summer months). The only niggle is that it can be easy to flick the heat switch when in use so have to be careful. Overall, very pleased.
on 1 December 2011
I bought this hairdryer because my previous 14 year old hairdryer had lost its will to live. I specifically wanted a hairdryer with a diffuser AND a concentrator nozzle, but I was amazed how difficult it was to find a hairdryer with both. I already own a BaByliss hair straightener (which is fab, thanks for asking) and I find them to be a really reliable brand at a really reasonable price.
I had a few teething problems because I was used to a shorter, lighter hairdryer. This is a bit longer than I was expecting so, being used to a smaller dryer, I gonked myself repeatedly on the head the first time I styled my hair with this because I kept underestimating where the concentrator nozzle would be. I'm used to it now though and glad to report that there is significantly less head-gonking taking place. It's also a bit heavier than I was expecting, but I suppose it's a bonus to get a free arm workout while I do my hair.
The only real drawback I can think of is that the buttons are all on the inside of the handle: because I was used to them being on the back of the handle on my old hairdryer, I keep pressing the cool air shot button accidentally while I work with this hairdryer. It's hardly a big deal though and is probably just a matter of getting used to the buttons and learning to avoid them.
The cord is a decent length and the hairdryer works brilliantly: the attachments fit well and are easy to change. It's not a small hairdryer, but the diffuser and the concentrator both work well, and the different heat settings are nice to have. I use the medium heat setting to dry my hair, then switch to the hottest setting to style. I did read a review that mentioned that the hottest setting was too hot, but I didn't find that the case. Perhaps that's because I'm used to having my skull and ears baked alive by my hair stylist, who is some sort of masochist. Anyway, it definitely doesn't get nearly as hot as the hairdryers they use in hair salons.
With BaByliss, I definitely think that you get very good quality for the price.
on 24 September 2013
It's not comfortable to use, it's far too big. There was no mention of the weight so was a bit disappointed, I returned it as a resut
on 8 January 2012
I bought this drier to take into hospital for easy haircare post op. It proved to be a boon, when you look good you feel good. Love it.
on 15 May 2013
I have had this dryer for a while and use it every day. I wouldn't be without it and would consider buying the same one again.