on 8 December 2014
some people seem to be displaying a real lack of common sense when using this product, admittedly there are no clear instruction on the pack. But by doing a small amount of research over the internet its very easy to establish how it should be used, in fact the lack of clear instruction is the only reason I gave this product 4 stars instead of 5. That and the fact I had to buy two packs in order to avoid the delivery charge, when really all i wanted to do was test it. In future i will buy the bigger packs

There are many different ways you can take this product, in my case I simply used about a shots worth of juice in the bottom of a cup. I then sprinkled in a level amount (Not heaped) from a dry tea spoon, (you get a little plastic spoon in the pack but i found this to be a waste of time). I then stirred thoroughly.
by sprinkling in gently and then stirring thoroughly this should avoid clumping and if you do spot any small lumps just crush them against the side of the cup with the back of your spoon.... simples! Then as quickly as possible... down it! you need to get the mixture into your system before it starts to expand, at this point its practically tasteless and does not give off much of any smell.
If you leave it in the cup for a while it will start to expand and become jellfied, at this point it will start to give off a slightly fishy smell. Just make sure you have swallowed before the expanding begins and you wont have any problems, also it is advised that you drink at least another cups worth of liquid (water,juice ,tea) after taking the mixture, just to be on the safe side.
I have read reports of the pill version of this product expanding inside peoples intestines and them needing to go to hospital to have it removed, so please use caution. Here is a link explaining more: http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/glucomannan-weight-loss-side-effect-warnings-you-need-know
But don't let that put you off, as long as you use some common sense you will be fine. I found i managed to drastically reduce my daily intake of food, no more grumbling belly. unfortunately it does nothing for cravings, your mind will still be telling you you want sweets or caffeine but at least your belly wont be rumbling.
also there are lots of health benefits, here is a link: http://www.konjacfoods.com/noodles/24.htm

After a while of using this product you start to get used to the lower intake of food, on some days i found i didn't need it at all. I made one 100g bag last me between 4-6 weeks and for the price of £6.50 you'll have no complaints from me.
dieting is hard, but I found this really does help.... Good luck.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2015
Having read the reviews I expected this to quickly turn thick, gloopy and undrinkable. I filled a glass of water and very quickly stirred in the 2 small measures using the tiny spoon as directed. The water turned slightly cloudy and I drank it down quickly. However I wanted to see the consistency it turned into, how quickly it thickened and what it's maximum volume was. What volume was I actually putting into my stomach? So I filled the same glass with the same amount of water and again added the 2 tiny measures, stirred quickly and put it down to watch. Nothing happened. Nada. The water turned ever so slightly cloudy... 5, 10 minutes later no change. So I got another smaller glass which I repeated the exercise with less water. Again the same result.

Disappointed and suspicious I had bought a dud product, I got an even smaller glass, added the same measure of powder and less than a cm of water to the glass. With a few stirs it started to thicken, but produced a fairly small amount in volume - not an amount that would make you feel full.

The good news is this result changed over the period of the next 30 minutes.
- The smallest glass became a thick jelly
- The next size up had the consistency of honey
- The largest glass was still pretty fluid if a little cloudier

After an hour
- The smallest glass became a thick gel like enough that it could be picked up out of the glass
- The next size up thickened up more to become a dollop that dropped rather than ran off the spoon
- The largest glass started to become like a thick soup.

So other reviewers must be putting in much larger amounts than recommended to make it too thick to drink within a very short time.
The largest glass was still drinkable (like a thick smoothy) a couple of hours later.

No taste, no smell - I am adding it to diluted ribena to give it taste.
It gets four stars for delivering zero calorie bulking agent. I will update the review to 5 stars later if it delivers results ie weight loss.
review image
on 6 July 2015
Brilliant, if you have trouble taking it in water try mixing it with sugar free jelly made up with half the water so you get a tough Jelly cut up in to chunks and just chew up and swallow, (make sure you have a good drink with you) you can even add fizzy vitamin tablets to it , great portable way to fill you up when your out and about.
on 17 September 2015
I hardly ever write reviews, but I've lost 9 pounds in the last four weeks and this really helps. And that's with a two-week holiday in the middle of that period, when I ate everything in sight and drank loads (well, we were in the wine region of South Africa, you would, wouldn't you). I gained two pounds on holiday, much less than I normally would gain for two weeks of sheer piggery. And it was all gone again within three days. So overall it's been 9 pounds and I'm confident it will keep going. I only have another five pounds or so to go to reach my target weight so I'm probably not losing that fast anymore.
So, about the konjac. It took me a little while to figure out how to take it without gagging, it is disgusting if you don't disguise the flavour. But I've worked this out now. I have bottles of sugar free bitter lemon (less than £1 for a huge bottle) and mix it with that. I put a heaped teaspoon of the konjac into a smallish glass, pour the bitter lemon over the top, stir until all the lumps are gone, hold my breath and drink it straight down. I then fill the glass with water again to get any remaining bits and drink that too. This way, I don't even notice the taste, truthfully!!
The internet says that taking it 15-60 minutes before a meal is best, and that's what I try to do, but sometimes I've left a much bigger time gap than that - and other times I've taken it and then gone straight into the food. So from my experience that doesn't make a lot of difference.
What I do notice is that I eat less. Some people on here have said it fills them up completely, and I don't find that, but it takes the edge off my hunger and I don't feel the need to eat anything like as much as normal. I then also seem to be able to go longer without needing a snack in the middle of the afternoon. Once or twice when I really did feel hungry, I just had another glass of the stuff and as long as you have the willpower to wait half an hour or so until it kicks in, it does really help to control that craving. But it is really is all about willpower - it won't make you feel like you had a proper meal. You have to have some self control too. At certain times of the month, I don't!! but the overall trend is good, it's easy to take now, and I'm certain it's making a real difference. I've also increased my levels of exercise.
A note for those of you who might want to try travelling with this - I also bought the konjac capsules from Amazon and those are what I took with me on holiday. It's a lot easier to deal with than a powder and a spoon while you're travelling. But those are more expensive, so I went back to the powder when I got home and am keeping the capsules for when I'm out and about.
good luck!
on 20 October 2014
Brilliant. Mix it in with a shake for breakfast and keeps you full till lunch.
on 7 August 2015
This product is great. I feel full after just a small meal. I emailed bulk powders and they confirmed a 1.5g serving needs to be drunk with 300-400ml and also further water with your meal. Hope this helps :)
on 29 May 2014
If you want to lose weight without ever feeling hungry, just take a little of this, in water, before every meal, as described on the packet. Brilliant.
on 11 August 2015
Makes you feel full, which is the idea

However, it tastes terrible. But If you mix it with effervescent multivitamins it totally dissolves and you won't taste it :)
on 18 August 2014
Does the business. Swells up massively in water and if used as instructed definitely keeps you full for ages. Little tip, heating it up will make it thicker... so depending on what you want to use it for...
on 25 November 2014
Bought this as an alternative to Slim Sip but disappointed. Doesn't really give a satisfied fuller feeling unlike Slim Sip, which is odd considering it's the same main ingredient. Won't be purchasing another.