on 15 November 2013
We ordered this Brio set for our twin boys. It came with a small storage box. The set contains a very wide range of pieces and needs to be assembled by an adult. There is a great variety of track sections, stations, and types of vehicle. This includes a crane, tube train with inbuilt flashing head lights (excellent), boat to dock with train/cranes, and figures that fit in the trains. The pieces are beautifully made, with great attention to detail. For example, the lorry has a cab that opens to reveal the engine, and the rear section slides to release "cargo" (which can in turn be picked up by the crane with the magnet). The set in its entirety is (a little) advanced for our two year old boys in terms of having the skills to construct it and not pull it apart - but they are playing with all the vehicles/trains on sections of the track. Overall, a big hit with them, and a good investment for future play. I wouldn't change anything about the set, I'd just make the storage box a little bigger - especially as we will be buying additional bits. Recommend.
on 18 August 2015
My son is a little bit obsessed by cars and trains so this seemed like a great gift for his 4th birthday. There are plenty of other wooden train sets available and almost all are cheaper than this but what I liked about this one is the little intricacies. You can put the people in the train carriages, the lifts work, the crane lifts cargo, you can change the signal and more. Secondly I also wanted to be able to extend the set with extra pieces and parts and there are so many options with Brio.

My son has absolutely loved this train set and plays with it daily. He actually prefers it to playing on the tablet which is a huge positive in my book. Anything to get him back in the real world!

If there's one thing that let's this train set down it's that the track comes apart a little too easily for my liking. I'm starting to feel like a railway worker the amount of times I have to reconstruct the track! I even tried a little blu-tack to help hold it together but it hasnt done the trick.

Despite this, I'd still say this has been an excellent purchase as it used so frequently. If the track held together a little better it would definitely be five stars.
on 8 March 2014
A fabulous set with lots of junctions and raised tracks. A great mixture of track and road. The ferry and crane are a great bonus.
on 21 March 2014
I chose this rating because the product deserves it.
I liked the quality and range of the item, but the raised rail supports are poor
on 8 January 2016
My 4 year old had this for Christmas and it really is truely fantastic. He hasn't put it down since. Even cried because he had to leave it for bedtime. It's very well packaged, very well made and comes
complete in a beautiful fold down box. The detail in this set is fantastic!! Very happy and definitely recommend :-)
on 1 September 2015
Such a great trian set with so much included. Hours of fun for 2 busy boys!
on 3 February 2015
What a great train track set. My two year old is obsessed.
on 19 February 2015
Great item, speedy delivery and well packaged. Very Happy!
on 22 May 2015
Lovely train set and handy box. My nephew loves it.
on 6 April 2015
Beautiful quality and the kids love it