Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

BREAKING: Nintendo Discontinues Recently Launched 3DS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Apr 2011 08:19:55 BDT
Mr. J. Byrne says:
Nintendo President and CEO Satoru Iwata stated, "Despite extensive testing, we have discovered that the 3DS can cause serious harm to one's eyes. We are pulling every 3DS from store shelves and recommend that everyone ceases use of their 3DS system immediately.

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 08:21:15 BDT
Pain says:
APRIL FOOOOOOLSSSSS

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2011 08:25:53 BDT
Mr. J. Byrne says:
they said it causes blindness but I have been fine no blindness at all

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 08:27:35 BDT
Mr. J. Byrne says:
Please...send them all back immediately.Nintendo of America (NOA) echoed the statements coming from Iwata. NOA President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime issued the following statement: "I want to personally apologize to all the customers who have lost their eyesight as a result of the 3DS system. Here at Nintendo, we pride ourselves on making safe, family-friendly products and we simply couldn't allow the 3DS to remain on store shelves with so many at risk."
What's more important is what this could mean for the company long term. At this point, it is still unknown whether or not Nintendo will choose to release a new handheld system. Although Nintendo is urging users to return their systems, there has been no statement as to whether or not Nintendo will issue all users a refund.
Nintendo has set up a website for current 3DS owners, which has a link to print a free shipping label and instructions on how to mail the system back to Nintendo. The link for that website can be found here.
One thing we can be certain of is that April 1, 2011 will go down as a dark day in Nintendo history

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 08:38:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Apr 2011 08:55:51 BDT
Mr. J. Byrne says:
Does this mean then there will be no eshop now

Posted on 1 Apr 2011 10:02:14 BDT
Mr. J. Byrne says:
I have just contacted nintendo directly and they have said that this is not true

Posted on 25 Jun 2011 22:04:34 BDT
What the hell? Was that an April Fool's joke? I've been on the Nintendo Channel on the Wii every day and surely it would have been on there.

Posted on 30 Jun 2011 12:13:01 BDT
Granny Jones says:
Oh for goodness sakes... go home. It's not true. It's not funny to make an April Fools about people going blind. -_-
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  1 Apr 2011
Latest post:  30 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about