on 14 June 2014
Superb product!
Solid and sturdy construction and whisper quiet disc spinning. My previous 2 Sony players were very noisy and could be heard during quiet parts in movies.
on 22 February 2015
Blu ray's look amazing, all my old dvd's mostly 1080p or 720p format upscaled with the use of
Darbee encoding through this player also look great. The oppo at present won't work with a usb hard drive but it work's on my usb 64gb stick at the current firmware as of 22/02/2015 and the apps are very basic at present, but that will improve over time. This player with it's illuminating comprehensive remote and a mobile app available, is class, physically and performance wise, well worth the money (LOL) even the packaging and manual is class.
on 13 May 2014
Excellent player worth every penny .When you see the way this is packaged you know this is quality. This player feels & looks well made. I liked that you could use this straight out of the box. I was playing a disc within minutes. The factory settings are already quite good so you can tweak the settings later as you get used to the menus. The picture is sharp & clear with fine detail with smooth motion. The sound is excellent .I can hear much more detail than before.
The discs load very quickly quietly & the player is very quiet in operation. It also responds very quickly to the remote.
I looked at many players & picked OPPO because due to regular firmware updates they stay current for many years. Were other firms bring out new players every year which means they are quickly out of date. So OPPO are much better value. You will not get a better player unless you pay a lot more. Also if you have the multi region option which is an OPPO modification the Multi region capability is not lost when you do a firmware update, like you do on most blu ray players, & it does not effect the warranty.
on 20 April 2016
This is a very nice piece of kit!
The Oppo feels well made and stylish, and comes with a remote that did not get on my nerves yet (backlit and buttons in different shapes you can find your way around without looking at it).
The picture quality is spectacular, complemented by very fine audio (connected to a Samsung TV and Naim hifi). Also the user interface for DVDs and streaming is polished, and using the player with an iPad app means I can tweak some settings while watching a movie without having to use the on-screen menus.

I had some issues with audio/video sync (tons of info online, could be related to picture and/or audio processing on the TV and receiver) but the audio delay function helped sort this out.

I am sure I am using only a fraction of what this Oppo can do, but the bits I used so far are very enjoyable!
on 6 April 2014
The only problem is that I really need to buy a new AV pre amp to take advantage of the HD audio formats and get the full benefit of the player. Sadly I don't have £1600 knocking around. Still a huge improvement over DVD. It plays DVDs better than my Arcam DV78 which was no slouch. Lots of tinkering to be done and a couple of months down the line I am still working out the best settings. The picture is amazing as well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 December 2014
First thing I want to address is ...this machine has had an update...If you bought one before Oct 27th this should be available NOW...I have just had the latest model and the updates have come included....which brings me to a couple of reviewers comments..this is a quick view of some of the fixes.
1. Resolved a Colour Space issue for the HDMI 1 Out in BDP-103D/105D Customers reported that if the Resolution was set to Source Direct and the Colour Space was set to RGB Video Level, the actual colour space sent out was RGB PC Level. This issue has been fixed in this firmware

2. Resolved a Picture Adjustment issue found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that after changing the Picture Adjustment parameters for HDMI 1, the value of Contrast Enhancement would automatically go back to 0. It has been fixed in this firmware.

3. Resolved a playback issue with regular DVD discs found on 75-0515 firmware. Customers reported that if the "DVD 24p Conversion" was set to "On", pressing the REV (rewind) button within the DVD playback could cause the player to immediately freeze up. This issue has been resolved in this firmware

4. Resolved a HDMI Audio issue with some 2L Blu-ray Music discs. Customers reported that if the AV Sync was set to 90ms and above, there might be no audio signal from both HDMI outputs.

5. Modified the RS-232 serial control protocol: fixed an issue with "#SZM" that could not change the Aspect Ratio.

6. Improved the Gapless Playback feature, and resolved an issue where the gapless mode could not be enabled for some 96 kHz / 24-bit WAV files.

7. Improved support for CUE files, specifically for CUE files that point to multiple WAV files.

8. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples. Expanded the character set library to support more languages in external subtitles.

9. Added support for MediaControl 3.0.

10. Added a feature that when streaming in 5.1ch or 7.1ch LPCM in bitstream mode, Players can output Dolby digital or DTS(Multichannel) through SPDIF.

...With that out of the way....I originally had LG's flagship model and was very pleased ...but I have been upgrading my system picture wise and Audio wise and I needed the best player I could get...and after much reading and searching decided on this,despite the high prce tag ( I bought the one with the Darbee Tech)..it's certainly worth it in my opinion...The first thing you will notice is..it oozes quality and Yes...it is large so make sure you have the space to place it...and also much heavier then the normal ones out there..The remote is quality too and has everything on it you should reguire to control the player from it...even a backlight....Compared to my LG...there is NO comparison at all...the Oppo is way better in leaps and bounds..I also have quite a few 3D discs and this plays flawlesly...One thing I wanted to test was my downloaded movies from Yify,copied to a flash drive....he rips Blu rays but at a 10th of the size....On my LG the dark areas had lots of artifacts and spoilt what would have been a great movie...The Oppo is astounding at actually making it look as good as the original...I was truly amazed how good this machine is...DVD's get the same treatment giving them have a new lease of life...I can't speak about the Blu ray to 4K and you will be hard to find any reviews on this matter...although I did read a small article that it IS spectacular...but over all I have not bought it for this reason....

My other test was with my Photos...Music and Movies on a Flash drive....The movies were fantastic as I mentioned earlier...Viewing photos and listening to music from a flash drive is not only a doddle to use but also a dream to listen and view...everything is so smooth and I was surprised with how quick they all loaded...it even plays Flac/lossless...and very impressively...the soundstaging and separation is incredible..
I downloaded the app for my phone and it works a dream...replicating the handset..so making best use of everything on offer.
One thing I did do was use both the HDMI outputs...HDMI 1 for the video and HDMI 2 for the sound going straight to my AV amp...This makes the sound definately more meaty and has a lot more presence...and because of the updates there are only 2 ways to choose...making it less confusing.By doing it this way your assured of the best possible quality...Sound AND Vision....Just a note..it does not play AVI...but apart from that it's played everything else I've thrown at it.
So in conclusion...if you can get past the high price..this is one hell of a machine....superbly well made...fantastic performance...but for me well worth it...I've not been disspointed in any way...Treat yourself and get one...Cheers.
on 12 December 2014
The picture quality from a Blu Ray is stunning, but on DVD's my Panasonic is much more natural, the Oppo seems to add a lot of digital noise and if you alter the settings to get rid of this, the picture looks soft. Also, when you load a disc, most of the time the machine cuts in halfway through the introductions rather than starting at the start, which for the money is annoying, this is a much mentioned problem on forums, but Oppo so far have done nothing about it. The build quality of the machine is excellent, but I can't help but feel I'd have been better going for another make. The multiregion mod works flawlessly.
on 5 June 2015
Top top quality -
on 30 January 2014
Pictures were superb, however the player was faulty, it would not update the software and when I connected it to my Panasonic 4K tv via the new HDMI v2.0 input there was no sound(I tested it on another 4k tv and that was the same)
In the end I returned it for a refund, Shame!!!