Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > Punt - Made In Ethiopia forum

BBC Review by Jon Lusk

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Aug 2010 23:15:19 BDT
Can someone tell me why a subjective review by Jon Lusk appearing under the BBC reviews banner is being published by Amazon as a product review.

I find this confusing - surely a product description should come from the product manufacturer, the artist or the record label not the BBC.

Furthermore it is not a product description but a subjective review by a music journalist and commentator who on this occassion underlines his whole review with a highly subjective statement, "Did I say it was a charity album? Well, that shouldn't really colour one's judgement. Much of this is simply undemanding and undistinguished. With duff tracks removed, it would have made a good EP".

I would be interested in hearing peoples opinions as to whether the BBC should be publishing such personal reviews as product descriptions and whether such subjective comments are ultimately damaging for independent artists.

Also there is a comment from Jon Lusk which is incorrect, "Among the Ethiopian singers is Dub Colossus's Desta Fikra" - she is a singer of long standing in her own right who Dan Harper came across whilst working in Addis and who was invited to contribute vocal improvisations over a couple of tracks. A singer in much demand, she was introduced to Nick Page whilst he was in Addis as Dan's guest and was subsequently invited by Nick Page to contribute on the Dub Colossus project.

Amazon, what's the deal with the BBC ?

Why are you not letting the record label who manufacture the product to write the product description.

Posted on 5 Aug 2010 01:11:49 BDT
As the record label we are trying to resolve this, at present to no effect unfortunately.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  4 Aug 2010
Latest post:  5 Aug 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Punt - Made In Ethiopia
Punt - Made In Ethiopia by Invisible System (Audio CD - 2009)
5.0 out of 5 stars (4)