on 6 July 2014
Unlike the other reviewers, I am not happy with my L236DRS at all. I have two problems with it: the picture quality is mediocre and there is an issue with the satellite tuner. I have an older Avtex TV, which has outstanding picture quality, so I was sure that I'd simply bought a bad example this time, but on returning it to the factory, no fault was apparently found. I appreciate that there is a subjective element to this, but in my opinion, my L236DRS has the worst picture quality of any TV that I have ever bought.
The issue with the built-in satellite tuner is that it often struggles to receive any channels at all, despite a correctly aligned dish (which provides the full range of channels with my other receiver). I was confident that the factory would be able to fix this, but again no fault was found. Perhaps the built-in tuner simply isn't as sensitive as that in a free-standing receiver?
At £450, my L236DRS was not a cheap 23" TV, but after my positive experience with my previous Avtex TV, I felt that it would be a sound purchase. Unfortunately, it has proven to be quite a let-down.
on 30 August 2015
This is a great TV when it works. I have had two that have faults. First one it seemed liked the speakers had blown after 6months use, they were muffled, sent back through Amazon returns no problem. The replacement developed a power problem.
This TV has great features for a 12v TV. It has excellent screen quality, freeview HD (which I haven't seen another 12v TV that has this) the 12v regulator is inbuilt into the TV so you don't have a heavy box on your power cable.
It doesn't use lots of power, which is great if you are running off grid, TV also lets you know when your low on power and switches itself off (this means you won't run your batteries dead flat).
Tuning the TV was very simple for both aerial and satellite. I also had no problems using the apple HDMI converter to mirror my iPhone onto the TV.
On DVD the sound is quiet, you also have to turn the TV to full volume - but I have found this to be very common on TV with DVD built into.
Even though I have had some problems with the TV I would buy another AVTEX TV but I would probably have another look on the market to compare again. I do believe AVTEX is expensive but at the moment there is nothing comparable.
review image review image
on 12 October 2014
Unfortunately this TV does not have a "display all pixels" mode and so is not suitable as a PC monitor or for connecting external devices such as BlueRay. It will chop off the tops, bottom and sides of your picture treating your full 1080HD HDMI signal as a broadcast signal. Broadcast signal use the top and bottom lines to transit things like the Freeview programme guide.

If you have a mainstream (Sony, Panasonic etc) TV then you will be able to switch on and off "display all pixels" mode and you can see the difference. Don't let Avtex tell you it's your PC, it is not, it is just naf firmware in their telly.
on 10 June 2014
This T.V is nice,and highly recommended, its well made, and only weighs 5kg,it decodes direct from your sat dish or D.T.V Ariel direct to the T.V.without the need for an intermediate box !!
Its simple to use ( even for me at 65) just click on the country your in and the t.v downloads loads of T.V and Radio chanels to an information list.
Can be used direct from 12v,make sure you fit an in line fuse for safety !!
Crystal clear picture, It also has a built in DVD/CD player,and its LED, so kind to your Batts,,,,,,,,,,,NOTE,there is NO scart socket fitted.

Happy camping,,,,,,,,,,,Lance
on 17 March 2014
only used once so far with a port able satellite kit
good quality picture