on 10 October 2009
I purchased this product for my mens 19" hybrid bicycle primarily to protect it from the rain as I have no space indoors to store it.

It's a strong and durable nylon cover which feels strong enough to withstand wear and tear and to protect my bicycle from the natural elements. The size fits comfortably and doesn't touch the floor (which is a good thing). There are velcro straps on the front and rear to keep the cover secure during strong winds, however it is such a snug fit already that this is not necessary.

I've had it a few days now and so far it's done a good job at keeping the bicycle nice and clean. However it has just started to rain heavily and I went outside to check the water resistance of the cover - not very good. It keeps about 80% of the rain out but still leaves the seat and frame with a thin layer of water.

I guess it does the job though - it's a cover. And in comparison to the other products on the market, it's very good value for money and will do the same job. It's also black so will hide dirt and watermarks.

I've awarded it 4 stars simply because it's not as water resistant as I'd hope it'd be. It will withstand light rain but during a heavy downpour it will take a beating. Otherwise it's a good product to protect your bicycle outdoors.
on 20 August 2010
I've had this cover for about a month now. It fits my bike and does cover almost to the ground which I'm happy about (there was some real difficulty at the start until I realised that the cover had a front and a back - denoted by a little yellow tag! :-) The cover has seen several heavy rain showers and it is not 100% waterproof as I have found a thin layer of water on my bike after the heavier downpours. However, it is still protecting my bike from the elements a heck of a lot better than having no cover at all, and it does stop most of the rain. Velcro straps secure the cover on the front and the back wheel. All in all I'd say it doesn't deserve the name "heavy duty" but it is still offering a moderate level of pretection to my bike.
on 14 April 2010
After several months living in the lounge (it's a big lounge and we don't have a shed or garage!), my girlfriend pulled rank made me put the bike out. Her bike lives under a cheap cover from argos, and the durability was reflected in the price.

This cover is a million times better. The handle bars on my mountain bike are quite wide, but this cover fits with ease. It's a good length and covers the gears, pedals and most of the 26" wheels.

It's been on the bike from october to date, and looks as good as new.
on 14 July 2009
Had a 'heavy duty' plastic cover from Halfords that ripped within 3 months so invested in this one. Not the cheapest but it's nylon so I shouldn't have the same problem. Little velcro tabs secure through the tyres to hold the cover in place - useful if windy! I've got an 18" ladies mountain bike and it fits it very comfortably.
on 25 September 2012
I have been using this cover for 2 weeks and the last few nights rain has proved that I have made a mistake in purchasing this. I previously had a cover from Argos and it lasted a year, however it did the job and protected my bike from the elements. As for this cover, it has left my bike wet and the material is so flimsy, that I do not understand how they can name it 'heavy duty'. The material feels and weighs the same as those you see from cheap umbrellas. If you do not cover your bicycle with care (using the Velcro provided) this will easily blow off you bike with the lightest of winds. As for the rain, it protects the bike from the bulk of it, but still leaves it wet as its not fully waterproof. The material is so thin and light, extra time is needed to cover and take off as it clings to everything. I am now going to find the last cover I had which was probably cheaper in price.
on 12 December 2010
RALIEGH Atb Heavy Duty N cycle cover:

I have purchased cycle covers before and within a few weeks, they have ripped or simply come apart.
I was reluctant to purchase anymore, but the review on these sounded good.I ordered two of them.
I was reminded to place the covers on with the yellow tag to the rear as they are shaped.

Now, I have had these a little while, we have had some really high winds and bad weather (as we all are aware)and did they rip or come apart? No! but nearly lifted one of the cycles in the air with high winds!! So in my opinion, although they seem expensive compared to others on the market, you get what you pay for and I would rate them a good 5 star.

Helen-Swindon.
on 21 October 2010
I love the fact that this is nylon, not plastic, so it shapes itself easily over the bike, no sharp edges, it hangs like fabric, and doesn't go cold and brittle in low temperatures. Make sure the yellow tag is on the outside and at the rear end of the bike, then it is easy to get the right way round, as the handlebar end is a wider shape at the front.

It also folds up easily and packs away when not in use.
I love it and highly recommend it.
on 5 August 2012
My original review said "I ordered this because of the Raleigh name. The packaging says it fits all bikes - it doesn't fit my hybrid bike as the handlebars are too wide so the cover doesn't cover the front or rear gears at the same time. On the plus side it has kept water off the seat but this could be the first item I return to amazon".

Having gone for a ride today and tried to put the cover back on, I realised that the cable lock I was using was part of the issue. I had chosen to secure the bike using a bracket to a wall which is of similar height to the top of the bike frame. This meant the cable lock was stopping the cover from covering the bike. Luckily, I had already purchsed a better padlock from Amazon (a Kryptonite Evolution Mini 7) which included a cable which could be used to secure the bike 'under the cover' using the lock to secure the frame to the cable.
on 17 September 2014
Bought a cheap one on ebay a couple years ago...it didnt cover the whole bike and ripped within a week...ended up using it to cover some wood.

However this one is GREAT. Covers the whole bike (you do have a front and back way to put it on) and it comes with velcro staps to attach to wheels so it doesnt come off.
The fabric is strong and cent see it ripping anytime soon. Very happy with this product
on 6 October 2009
This cycle cover seems quite a good buy.
The only reason I gave only 3 stars is that in high winds it tends to
blow off.
It appears that there are only two velcro fastenings,one each end.
I have had to put a rope over the middle to stop it blowing off.
Could do with eyelets part way along cover to make it more secure

See one answered question