Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 8 January 2015
I'm very hard to please when it comes to body lotions and creams. Yes, I'm a man, but I've used them for years, all over my body and all over the world. Recently a certain company stopped making a lotion I'd been using for about 15 years. Annoying. Why do they do that? It took me a good few months to find one as good - this Aveeno lotion is the one I found.

I was after something with no fragrance to it, or only extremely minimal amounts (like the one I used to use), something that wasn't far too expensive, and something not greasy. I looked and looked and could not find anything suitable. I started to despair. My old cream was running out fast. For one thing the creams and lotions without perfume all seemed to have a chemical smell when on the skin. And the creams with perfume I don't like, because it always seems a bit too strong. And then I tried this and was happy.

This Aveeno lotion is great. It has what I would call a faint oat smell to it, but that pretty much goes a minute after applying to the skin. I also find that it absorbs incredibly quickly, which is also good, but leaves the skin really soft for ages - which my old lotion wasn't as good at. It is also not too runny and not too stiff in consistency. I also use it on my face, which I think is okay.

They do larger sizes in it too.

I'm reviewing a body lotion. What's happened to me?...

Very highly recommended.
on 12 September 2014
Aveeno was prescribed by my dermatologist, and after 3 years of being prescribed allsorts of stuff by my GP. This is the ONLY thing that has worked and worked within 5 days! My excema completely gone, and Aveeno leaves my skin feeling lovely and smooth. I use the Aveeno body wash in the shower, then a light covering of the moisurising lotion afterwards, and I will never use another product again. Once you find something that ACTUALLY works, why would you change it?
I have the larger pump bottles for home, but wanted something smal enough to keep in my locker at work, so that I have it with me at all times, for hands.
I cant give this a higher rating than 5* ...pity.
It is not perfumed, and I cant smell anything oaty like some people have said.. I believe there is a Lavender scented one, for those that prefer a fragrance, and I might try it sometime, but for now I am just happy that this has completely cleared up my dry skin and Discoid Excema....
on 5 October 2009
After trying numerous creams on my 5 month old baby's Eczema I started to use Aveeno.
The great thing about it is that unlike other pharmacutical creams, that just act as barriers,
Aveeno soothes, calms and nourishes the skin.
My daughter was covered in Eczema from head to toe and we now have it under control and reduced to
a few trouble patches - The Aveeno Cream has been a contributing factor.
I highly recommend it.
on 4 July 2012
Good product.Very good for exzema.Non greasy goes into skin easily, leaving it soft.I have used this product for many years . In my opinion i would not use any other cream.It`s good value for money
Ordered and delivered by the date given by Amazon.
on 16 April 2015
I bought this as I have the skin complaint Psoriasis which has recently worsened on my scalp and body, spreading and itching very badly. I tried the Aveeno bath and shower oil first and noticed an improvement after having a good soak in the bath. I now use the lotion and other Aveeno products, my skin is less angry and itchy, I use the products every day and apply the lotion twice a week to my scalp overnight, it washes out more easily than stuff I have used before and there is a marked improvement both on my scalp and my body. It is worth giving a try if you have skin problems.
on 2 April 2013
This is my third time purchasing this and I love it. I use it on my incredibly dry face.

I have tried at least 20 different moisturisers, from clinique to eucerin, and none of them work as well as this one.

During colder months, my skin becomes red and it feels tight and itchy. Applying moisturiser burns and irritates it more. But not this one! I think the oatmeal (and the lack of scent) really soothes irritation and if you use it consistently, it will get rid of redness and make your skin soft. The consistency is also just right and it absorbs minutes after application.

One thing to consider! If you are prone to break outs, make sure to use an exfoliator once a week, because this could clog some pores. Definitely not for oily skin! If you live in an extremely harsh climate (windier than Scotland), I would invest in something extra for your driest areas. I personally put on a dab of natural argan oil (from the pharmacy) before I go to bed during allergy season.

Overall, great for sensitive, very dry skin, cold temperatures. Worth every penny and more!

Shipping was also great. I placed my order on Thursday and it was here on Monday. The product was secured with bubble wrap and lots of tape.
on 9 July 2011
I was first prescribed this by the doctor when i had a really bad flare up of eczema, and have been using it since! It's the best products which i have been subscribed for my eczema and now use it regularly!!!!!
on 10 March 2015
Nice moisturizer that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Will definitely purchase again.
on 20 March 2015
All of Aveeno's products are always welcome in my house. I have sensitive skin and Aveeno never caused my skin any irritation.
This lotion is correctly priced in my opinion especially compared to other brand you can find in supermarket with same ingredients.
It's incredible to consider that this product is a moisturizer and a blemish clearer.
Unfortunately if you read the list of ingredients you will discover that is not completely natural, as in fact contains among other natural ingredients: Distearyldimonium Chloride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Cera Microcristanilla, Benzyl Alcohol who are considered not good for the skin and definitely not natural despite considered safe by FDAs.

+-+ Did you enjoy this review???, please use the voting button down here to mark it as helpful! Thanks!+-+
on 2 December 2015
I have very sensitive skin that gets upset when I try new products, but I'd used the hand cream version of this and found it wonderful so decided to try this. I get really dry skin on my arms and, unusually, on my neck. This is great - I am using it on dry patches on my face (which is a miracle given that my skin can be oily at times but this lotion didn't trigger that at all), and on my neck every day. I have used one other moisturiser that is better on the dryness, but the Aveeno beats it hands down in terms of dealing with sensitivity. Usually, my skin reddens as soon as I wash (even just with water) and when I put any lotion on it. It doesn't with this. In fact, the Aveeno seems to calm the redness from washing. My skin always calms within half an hour or so of washing/moisturising, so maybe this won't seem a big deal, but it is really nice not to look in the mirror and immediately want to put on make-up to cover the redness.

Some people don't like the smell. It doesn't bother me at all. It's faint and neutral, and I guess I can best describe it as sort of 'waxy'. I guess that no perfume etc in the ingredients list means that this smells the way the ingredients smell naturally.

This is a great cream and a very good price. I have a friend who got this and other products in the range on prescription for really bad eczema, which started during pregnancy but has continued long after giving birth. She now just buys them herself as it's cheaper than prescription charges, and she uses it on her little girl too.