on 25 August 2006
It's probably not as good, thats not to say that its not helpful but their is a limited range of the types of clips. There is however, over 180 clips which means you probably wont be repeating clips.

First off, many clips have been filmed in the same streets, so you can almost anticipate what hazards are coming, not good. Second, loads of clips suggest cars signalling are hazards, there is a big emphasis on this and again not good. In the real theory test, its unlikely that the hazard will just be a car signalling to turn - don't get hung up on that one. There is also a distinct lack of clips where drivers cut across other drivers from different lanes and finally next to no clips filmed in the darkness. Also, if you have lightning quick anticipations, you might be at a disadvantage with this software i.e. you spot the hazard before the computer does. Its always best to click it a few times just to be sure its registered your click in the scoring window.

Use Focus MM, its a better all round help and gives you more a range of hazards and a better idea of what to expect in the real hazard perception test. Don't hesitate to use this software but just beware and establish exactly what hazards it is that you need to spot. Its not always clear, after all the test is still in its early stages, so maybe the DSA will consider improvements in the near future.
on 4 July 2006
I bought the LDC 3-in-1 theory test CD, and then bought this one when I decided I needed more practice on the Hazard perception. There were plenty of video clips (180) which means you can practice without having to repeat the same clips over and over. This is particularly useful as, on the actual test, you will be seeing clips you've never seen before. I would say it mimics the actual test very closely. I was achieving scores of 55 to 60 when practicing at home, and got 59 on the actual test (first time pass). The image quality isnt great, but then it isnt on the test either. I'm sure I wouldnt have passed the Hazard perception part of my test without this product - as I failed the first few practice tests, but I soon got the hang of it. Theres planty of background information, and its easy to review where you went wrong. You can also go through your weakest clips to see which type of hazards you seem to be missing.

Just one tiny negative. It would have been handy to have one or 2 night time clips, I had one on my actual test, although it didnt pose a problem. Other than that it was great!
on 8 May 2006
This was a very good peice of software, interactive, allowing you to control the progress of the feedback and moving forward if you didn't want to sit through a count down.

There are too many clips of cars with break lights comming on, but generally the hazards are real, quality is reasonable, but what I liked most is the way you can anlyse the results by watching the time slider proceed to the clicking window, you can see when you actually clicked the mouse and when you should have clicked the mouse. I'm also working on a BSM hazard preception peice of software, LCD beats this hands down.
on 17 August 2006
I failed the hazard perception section on my first theory test by 1 point (d'oh!), so I bought this great piece of software and passed the second time. Not much else to say really - it obviously works! Some of the clips aren't great in quality, meaning it can be difficult to spot the hazards and score full points, but the clips on the actual test aren't much better either. This software also gives a very clear breakdown of the hazards, allowing you to see exactly where you went right or wrong. If you go through all the clips and practice tests on these discs (which should take a few hours), I can't imagine anyone could fail.
on 17 October 2006
Having used this software to help me pass my hazard perception part of the motorbike test last week I can say it really helped me. However There are quite a few differences between the type of hazards on the DVD than I found during my test. As a reviewer above states a large proportion of the hazards are cars turning right across traffic, and the scoring window isnt always very well tied in to the video. Like the reviewer above I found clicking two or three times each hazard ensured you werent scoring a Zero for clicking too soon (which is VERY annoying till you learn this trick)

Without this software I am sure I would have failed this part of the test (despite holding a full car licence for 15 years) as my first attempts at the tests I was really unclear what constituted a "developing hazard" in the eyes of the DVLA.

The hazards in this software are for the most part smaller and pettier than those you get in your test but that possibly makes you a: a better and more aware driver/rider and b: makes the test seem simple by comparison - which is what you really want!
on 18 May 2016