Price:£0.99+ £4.03 shipping

on 10 August 2005
This software was a nightmare to install, I should have learned from the last GSP offering but I didn't. If you have XP service pack 2 you will still need to download the patch for service pack 1 once that is loaded you will then need to download another patch from the read me file! that done it will be neccesary to update your audio drivers and then re install the CD again! What a nightmare, still apparently if I buy any DK / GSP software in the future I will not need to do all of it again! Hmmmm right.
The reason we bought this was because my daughter's school had been using it and my daughter wanted to complete it to get her rewards (on the disc) It struck me as a bit boring at times but she stuck to it and finished the tutorials and the whole disc in one day, well 3 hours actually, + the 2 hours to install it!
For a younger child who is starting out on year 2 studies it will probably take longer as they will not have covered some of the topics (my daughter is 7) so aim for 6 year olds and you will be fine.
Overall it gets a 3 because it was educational and it did work eventually.
on 20 December 2004
I've bought excellent kids' CDs from Dorling Kindersley before, and thought this one would be of the same quality. Unfortunately, it isn't.
The graphics are very static, except for Fizz, the "ball of energy" who acts as an anchor through the various activities, and who speaks in an American accent with a very irritating speech impairment.
There seems to be less games to go round than in other DK software I have, and my 6-year old had completed all the activities within a weekend. She hasn't played it since.
on 9 June 2011
Would not run on my machine, again its not easy to deal with non Amazon goods, this also never had and DVD case with it, the advert never stated this, the price is also false as they charge you almost 3 times the cost of Royal Mail postage but put the price of the software very cheap, false economy, very dissapointing product, in my view not a guenuine DK product
on 5 March 2012
As this poroduct is advertised on amazon.co.uk, I expect that it should come with the British accent.

But unfortunately it speaks in an American accent with a very irritating speech impairment.

Unsatisfied at all.
on 19 March 2014
Came through the post on time no messing it says exactly what the product is nicely packed affordable lots of fun for active kids
on 6 March 2015
it is very very good it help me from maureen
on 23 April 2016
Excellent, thank you
on 30 January 2007
I came across the following statement in the text: "Temperature is measured using a thermometer. Temperature can be measured in either Celsius or Fahrenheit." If this supposed to be educating the scientists of the future, why is confusing them with the Fahrenheit scale? Even American scientists don't use that any more.