Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Autofocus on a Nikon D7000?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Jun 2013 20:14:20 BDT
Will this lens autofocus on a Nikon D7000?

Posted on 26 Jun 2013 07:04:34 BDT
Yes

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2013 11:41:49 BDT
BernieV says:
Hi Alastair I have a d7000 and was considering this lens for portraits ect, I wonder if you could advise me on your thoughts and use of it on the d7000
Bernie

Posted on 19 Apr 2014 08:58:48 BDT
book junky says:
I have a D7000 and need a lens to shoot horses performing indoors (low light) moving quite fast. I need a lens can photograph horses, ideally, up to 20 metres away. Excuse my ignorance, I understand horses....not photography.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 May 2014 08:23:13 BDT
Mountain Man says:
This lens makes a good portrait lens for close ups. You might want to consider the flexibility of a zoom Nikkor 70-300mm is a good option. I have both lenses and the flexibility to quickly frame by zooming in and out on moving subjects like your talking about, might be better. To frame using this prime lens (fixed focal length) will mean you moving around with the camera. The lens is sharp and performs well in low light although the results are a little soft wide open (f1.8) but once the aperture is reduced to say f2.8 and smaller (a larger f number) the results are quite brilliant. The crop value on your D7000, being a DX camera, is 1.5x meaning this 50mm lens actually becomes a 75mm which is why people say its a good lens for portraits where you can get close to the subject. This may not be the case for the moving horses which is why the flexibility of a zoom might be better for you. Its great value for the money and I bought it for portraits and to use on a full frame FX D800 camera body as a standard lens but for landscapes and not moving subjects. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  1 Jun 2013
Latest post:  23 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions