Quickly learn essential Civil 3D tools and techniques
Get a thorough introduction to AutoCAD Civil 3D, the industry-leading engineering software used to design roads, highways, subdivisions, drainage and sewer systems, and more. This Autodesk Official Press book is a unique learning resource that features concise, straightforward explanations and real-world, hands-on exercises and tutorials. With compelling full-color screenshots and approachable exercises that demonstrate core features and functions, the book helps you gain understanding and confidence as you master this premiere civil engineering software.
- Introduces the software's interface and foundational concepts
- Follows a workflow-based approach that mirrors how projects progress in the real world, and guides you through importing and working with field survey data, managing point data with groups and styles, and modeling terrain using surfaces
- Covers creating and editing alignments and profiles, designing 3D road models, building and analyzing terrain models, designing and analyzing pipe networks, and much more
- Shows how to estimate quantities and create construction documentation
- Provides information to help you prepare for the Civil 3D certification exam
AutoCAD Civil 3D Essentials is the perfect, real-world introduction to the powerful civil engineering software.
From the Back Cover
Learn AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Quickly and Easily AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Essentials offers expert instruction and real–world, hands–on exercises to teach you how to use AutoCAD Civil 3D. As you design a residential subdivision from start to finish, you′ll learn core tools and workflows to build a solid foundation in the software, allowing you to quickly use Civil 3D productively. The book features new, multi–viewport example drawings to promote 3D design as well as an entire new chapter dedicated to pressure pipe design. Whether you′re a new user, preparing for certification, or refreshing your Civil 3D skills, this is the fast, thorough grounding you need. Learn these AutoCAD Civil 3D essentials—and more: Leveraging a dynamic environment to create 3D intelligent models Turning raw survey field data into maps and drawings Designing, displaying, and annotating alignments and profiles Creating subdivisions by using parcels to generate dynamic lot layouts Putting together detailed gravity pipe and pressure pipe networks Shaping terrain in 3D with grading tools and design surfaces Using QTO and Plan Production to create construction documents Preparing for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 certification Learn how to perform engineering design in plan, profile, and 3D view Design efficiently using powerful modeling and analysis tools This striking Essentials book features: Chapter–opening learning objectives Step–by–step tutorials Full–color screenshots and illustrations Essentials and Beyond—summaries and additional suggested exercises Downloadable exercise files and tutorial videos