Format: Hardcover|Change

on 21 January 2012
I bought this book a month ago. It continues to live up to my expectations as it reflects the author's thought-provoking take on Autism and I find myself regularly referring to it to offset any tendency to think in tram-lines. I am struck by the extraordinarily wide-ranging coverage as well as the extent to which the text is supported by well-chosen, recent references.
Clear, succinct and couched in reasonably plain English, it was easy to look up specific topics as it is well-indexed. My only quibble is the numeric bibliography that turns following a reference into a two-step business. It is an expensive book, but not unreasonably so by text-book standards, and I hope a paper-back version will come, at the latest, with the next edition.
on 9 July 2014
An excellent comprehensive review of autism and its management.
on 8 November 2011
Like walking through treacle
on 14 October 2012
After reading this book I wanted to poke pins in my eyes, such a deluded view on autism and the affects. It took me a week to read and this is a week I will never get back. I feel like sending an invoice to Tantum for the time wasted, I will use that money to fund my charity 'save the doo doo bird' which would be more useful to society than this man and his books!