Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 March 2008
As already said if you liked the movie as I did, in particular the fantastic music it was based around, then you'll no doubt love this album. For me this music merrits an oscar, it's hands down the best I've heard in years, and I'll listen to anything, rock pop or classical. If you like truly good music then your collection should not be without this album, it really is that good. For me August's Rhapsody, which is the culmination of the movie is just too good. A fantastic piece of music.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 September 2008
As has already been said - notably by reviewer 'Flowers in the window', this CD will only hang together if you've seen and want a reminder of the film. The first 3 tracks exemplify this:
(1) quasi-classical music overlaid with a narration.
(2) classical orchestral piece that morphs into a rock song.
(3) a strangely ethereal version of 'Moondance' which sounds if it's being heard from a long way away. (Which, in the film, it is).

If none of that makes any sense, then you haven't seen the film and the CD is unlikely to make much sense. But if you have seen the movie, then you'll realise that this soundtrack IS what you heard during the film. It isn't (as is so often the case) a jumble of extracts.

However, one key track HAS been omitted. In such an eclectic collection, why was 'Noises in the city' left out? If you know the film, you'll also know that the scene where August arrives in the city and 'conducts' the city's rhythms is the key to a lot that follows - especially his 'Rhapsody' (track 10).
on 2 June 2008
I rented this film first and bought it because I loved it so much. One of the best films I have ever seen! If you're not very romantic or you're a grown up who has lost your magic - then you probably won't like this film ;)
on 15 December 2009
For anyone who has this and hasn't seen the movie, you're missing the best part.Every part of this brings the movie to mind, and is a great reminder of how good the movie is. The movie is feelgood because of the soundtrack - it would just be average without it, so for all those folk who don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you see the movie and see what I mean. Girls will love it, it has the "aaah" factor in spades, but it's a great family movie. Both the movie and soundtrack are not expensive, so give youselves a treat - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
on 19 January 2008
Strange selection of pop, rock, world and classical crossover music. It's perfect to bring back the atmosphere of the movie but could be an unsatisfactory listening for people who have not seen it.
on 2 December 2013
I watched the movie "August Rush" by chance when flicking through channels.

Being very much into music (from one extreme to another depending on the mood)

I was taken in by the gospel choir and finally by the rhapsody - brilliant pieces of music.

The overall CD was one of contentment (a personal view) and was in harmony with the story line of the movie.

People of all generations would love this soundtrack - it's out there to be be embraced.
on 7 July 2013
love the film and the soundtrack was just as good, so often the soundtrack is a dissapontment, but not in this case. like the film music of all kinds is my life,i love the sounds of life. strange but true. this film and it's soundtrack speak volumes to me, join the rush. ( to hear you have only to listen)
on 9 June 2012
Having watched the film and bought the CD, this is a beautiful storey with a happy ending. The sound track takes you back to the film and brings a smile to your face each time to listen to it. Music is love and love is healing, what more can you ask for. Playing an instrument is a special gift.
on 3 September 2011
Well as musicians my wife and I were absolutely bowled over by this engaging and heart warming story, we went on to amazon immediately after seeing the DVD movie and ordered the sound track, it blew us away sooooooo much, a top of the favourite list for us, superb.
on 8 October 2010
Fantastic Album/soundtrack. If you loved the film you'll love this, if you've not seen the film, your missing out, buy it too! I have it on loud in the car, awesome acoustics then! yeah amazing, amazing, amazing!!!