Now, I will admit I didn't get "Audioboxer" until much after I bought "Leaving Through the Window" and "North", so I was already a huge fan of Something Corporate. I knew that no matter what their EP sounded like, I would at least tolerate it. Little didn't I know, I didn't tolerate it. I worshipped it. This beautiful 6 track EP was worth every penny of the $7.99 I paid for it. It'd be worth $14.99 if it cost that much.
1. "(Hurricane) The Formal Weather Pattern"- An incredible opener this song is, and even though I'd already heard it on LTTW, the version was different and it was still awesome. Josh's lyrics here are very good. The best part? The whole metaphor is so not cliché. I mean, who hears about hot girls being like weather patterns? Well, at least not from the lips of young adult males. Props to Josh, my man.
2. "iF U C Jordan"- Their main single off this EP would, of course, be my least favorite. It is an awesome song in its own right, though slightly overused now- but it can't compare to any of the other songs on any of SoCo's albums, so it kind of sits there. The cute, immature lyrics and upbeat tempo, however, make for a great "take that" to the bullies of the world.
3. "Punk Rock Princess"- Every single version of this song (and, yes, there are many) is different and good in its own way. This track feels a little different from the rest of the EP (I believe another review called it "raw and unpolished"), and that's a good thing. It's a great song to describe those relationships you're afraid of diving into.
4. "Bad Days"- I guess for most people this is a song that takes some getting used to, although I warmed up to it in a flash. It's a really good song to get your mind off all your worries, though.
5. "Little"- I love this song. It has nice music, nice vocals, nice lyrics, nice everything. The only problem I can see with it is that it's just that: nice. It's a bit generic and can get lost in the crowds. Thankfully, though, this EP only has 6 songs, so it's hard to forget one of them.
6. "Walking By"- Now this song is what the EP was obviously created for. "Walking By" has got to be one of the most beautiful unrequited love ballads ever written (oh, wait- never mind. "Konstantine" kicks its butt so many times over, it's not even funny. Then again, is Konstantine really unrequited or just a goodbye to young love? Hmmm....a thought to ponder while I should actually be doing my Human Geography homework...). And what's even better is that Andrew's love does end up being requited in real life. The lyrics to this song are so personal, and his vocals are so heart wrenching and incredible- you just want to hug the poor guy. Yes, even if you are a guy.
Even if you have never heard of Something Corporate before, or at least never heard their other CDs- go get "Audioboxer". It's not only cheap, but it's a wonderful introduction to this amazing band. And if you're already a fan, this is definitely a great addition to your collection.