on 19 January 2014
I have been a member of Audible for several years and listen to books on my MP3 mostly at gym. I was really pleased to see that I could download the android version with all my books available to listen to at odd times when I have a few minutes to spare. I haven't quite got my head round the management of it yet but I'm sure it will become clear as I use it. Brilliant!!
on 12 April 2013
This is a fantastic app for my phone, I listen to audio books a lot and can not listen to them in the car straight off the phone using bluetooth =- fantastic
on 14 January 2014
This is a great app because it makes accessing good quality audio books easy. There is a broad selection of titles and each book has a short free sample download so you can check if you like the narrators voice before purchasing. It is simple to send gifts or share books for children. It allows one to vary the speed too. Very pleased.
on 18 February 2013
Absolutely brilliant app.So simple to use.Within two minutes of downloading it I was using it to learn and listen to.
on 11 January 2014
Easy to use, sleep timer is an excellent feature and it's much easier than having to download audiobooks onto the iPod via the laptop.
I'm so glad that I've signed up to this service and I did so, initially for the free month's trial and absolutely loved it. I then paid for a full year's worth of credits. It's a great app to have and I have installed it on all of my tablets, as well as my Samsung S4 Smartphone, as the latter makes it easy to use when I'm out and about, plus it's easy to stream when you're 'offline'. There are little 'twiddly' bits included in the app, such as the ability to make the narration faster or slower, plus bookmark a particular place. When one is plugged into the wifi, the device automatically knows where you have got to, even if you've been using a different device for playback.

The various badges are very cute too - examples are 'the night owl' where one can listen for up to eight hours a night (assuming that you're an insomniac?) plus loads of others for listening at weekends etc. There's also a sleep timer, which is mightily useful as listening to an audiobook at night is mighty soporific. At this moment in time I cannot find any downsides to this app, nor the titles I've chosen so far. It's so much easier than having to transfer eight CDs onto an iPod or something horrific like that.
on 22 November 2012
the app is easier to use than the software on my mp 3 player or old phone because i can backtrack or jump forward much easier -. i can also see the wjhole of my library and easily and qucickly down load directly onto my phone.
The one problem i have had, other than a tendency to crash which seems to be typical of most of the phone apps, was a week ago when i was listening to part 3 of a long book -- half way through it stopped. when i tried to restart it just crashed. If i tried listening to other parts or other books there was no problem. I tried deleting the part and then re downloading -- which it would not do.- in the end i listened to the problem part on another device downloading off my computer which ahd already got all the parts.
on 26 February 2014
Thanks to the great folks on Amazon Kindle UK page on Facebook for explaining to me why this app didn't work or download ... turns out I really didn't need it.

Just for any other 50 something techno-idiots out there ... if you have a Kindle Fire HD then Audible books automatically are stored on the audiobooks section - seems simple when I think about it! - and you then just push the pretty picture when connect to wifi and hey presto it downloads.

Thought it was worth mentioning, as we are not all in the techno genius bracket - I can barely turn modern technology on without a carer.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2016
I wouldn't give it any starsuggestions as it doesn't play the item I've downloaded! I've been forced to give it one star in order to submit this.
on 18 August 2013
I had never used an audio book before trying audible for android. I like to walk long distances and I also like a good story. I recently combined the two on a nine-hour trek and was pleasantly surprised to find that I was within an hour of my destination without realizing it due to my being absorbed by the tale on the audio. I often like to revisit stories that I have enjoyed reading and this facility enabled me to rediscover the pleasure of the tale without having to sit down to read it again. It gave a new dimension to the experience. It was like listening to one of our old storytellers give a performance. I wouldn't be without it again.