Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£3.05

on 2 April 2012
It took seeing two of my favorite authors listed in the table of contents to get me to pick up this anthology, and that is because I have a fear of dolls. Guess what most of these stories are about? That's right, dolls, evil stuffed animals come to life, dolls that want to take over the lives of their owners, all of this and more can be found within the pages of Attic Toys. There were, however, a few stories that I felt were weaker than the others. This did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the anthology, mostly because the good stories in here were, in fact, excellent.

Dreams of a Ragged Doll by Cate Gardner stood out as an absolute gem. It is no secret that she is one of my favorite writers, and stories like this one are why. Her story is wonderfully original and quite disturbing

Give It a Name by Gary McMahon is the second reason why I decided to read this anthology. His story is dark, haunting, and bleak, in other words, quintessential McMahon. Fans of his will not be disappointed, and if you have never read anything by him, now is the time to start.

The Doll Tree by Amelia Mangan was another favorite of mine. This is the first story I have read by her, but I plan on reading some others based on this. Even though dolls terrify me, I couldn't help being captivated by the amazing and disturbing imagery in this story.

Overall this was a good disturbing read, and I recommend grabbing a copy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2012
As a collection of short horror stories about toys, this is mainly a good read from start to finish. "A little crimson stain" is nicely creepy and "Down in the woods today" is also worth a mention and gives a different take to the Teddy bears picnic story!
on 5 May 2013
Great linkage to the theme and some quite disturbing as well as scarey and unexpected endings, thanks to all the authors. For me. a great read
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2012
NOT A BAD BOOK OF SHORT STORIES. A BIT DISTURBING IN PLACES BUT NOT A BAD READ. IF YOUR BETWEEN BOOKS AND NEED A FILLER THEN WORTH A READ.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse