Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 April 2001
Whether you have a passing interest or are wishing to learn more for proffesional usage, this book is the best one I have ever seen on oriental tongue diagnosis. Having done several courses on the subject, it is most useful to have a point of reference and a reminder. The examples shown in the pictures are great and I know that I will refer back to them again and again as it is very difficult to recall all the aspects associated with the diagnosis. There are also some very useful case studies in the back, which again gives you an idea of exactly what you are looking for and what assumptions can be made. There is not much more to say - it is a great book for those who are interested in the subject, and contains sufficiant specific information to enable the reader to gain a good practical grasp of the concept. Another book which will be of interest and cover the basic concepts of oriental medicine is The Web that Has no Weaver. This will give you all the information you need to beable to relate what you see on the tongue to the oriental belief system in terms of Yin, Yang, Shen, chakra's, meridians/channels etc.
on 15 August 2010
As every person that has studdied, or is studdying Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture will know, tounge diagnosis is absolutely crucial to your practice, yet it is very tricky to master. This book will help you, I did not discover it until my third year of study, but I wish I had owned it since day one as it gives such clear pictures and information which really does help you get to grips with it.

I know its not cheap, but I have to say that before I brought this particular book I invested in lots of other books on tongue diagnosis which were confusing, badly translated, inadaquately illustrated... and when added together cost a lot more than this one. Maybe try and pick up a second hand copy if you can find one.