Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 25 October 2012
Great Insight on the B-58, but full of typos. I've collected over 20 in one quarter of the book. I didn't expect much narrative on the personal side, and wasn't disappointed. I've basically dismissed the story line and fully appreciated the attention to detail regarding operation of that exotic aircraft. I also appreciated the narrative about landing a military aircraft at non-military sites.

It would be interesting to read descriptions of flying the B-47, the B-36, and several other cold war aircraft. The plot wouldn't need to be stretched to nuclear war, SAC missions alone would be of considerable interest to the reader.
on 5 June 2015
Phil Rowe is agood writer, he actually served in Strategic Air Command, on the Cold War front line spending much time on the readiness alert facility manning nuclear armed bombers ready to take off and strike the enemy at a few minutes notice. This book is a fictional account based on his experience and training of what could have happened a nuclear war broke out. A good and thought provoking read especially for those of us who remember the Cold War and the Cuba crisis.
on 19 September 2012
Written by a man who knows his stuff but its hard reading. It describes a truly heroic flight but the prose is dull and the characters are one dimensional and after a nuclear attack their actions are not realistic with no emotion at the deaths of their families at all. Great aircraft though.
on 14 March 2013
Read his other book B58A Remembrances, and it will give you a better insight into the B58A Hustler, then read At Klaxton's Call.
A good enjoyable read.
on 26 June 2014
good book easy to read but you really need a fair knowlage of aviation to follow in places, I will recommend it to some of my friends.
on 19 January 2015
Quite enjoyable I liked it .