Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest First
Showing 11-20 of 59 questions
votes
Yes, it can be used in this fashion. However, it may be a better option to change the superhub mode to "modem only", that way the router would then take care of the signal and would possibly reach your garden. If not, then it can be used as a repeater, but to be honest there are better (cheaper) options to do this with than a router of this ilk.
17 days ago by Scott McGilvery
votes
No! This is a wireless router only, and not a modem as well. I have this at our second home, but don't really recommend it. Not because of it's performance specifically, but because it is incredibly user-unfriendly, and difficult to set up. There are some functions I have never been able to set up properly, and Customer Support was next to useless. At my main home, I have a Buffalo Airstation nfiniti Dual Band modem router (so you won't need a separate modem), and it is brilliant - also better range than the Asus. Streams 3D HD Video to my Media PC perfectly.
18 Jul 2014 by M Hobbs
votes
You would need a separate ADSL modem to plug into the N66U to get it to work on a BT line.
20 Feb 2014 by Paul in Cov
votes
if the plusnet fiber router is used as a modem rather than a router I do not see why not. I also recommend to use this firmware with the RT-N66U Top quality hardware and excellent support for the firmware. http://www.lostrealm.ca/tower/node/79
16 Jul 2014 by Sergio Cali Corleo
votes
I've found the router extremely stable. Don't know about talk talk box though.
31 May 2014 by Robert Francis Roberts
votes
Yes it will - think of it simply as a 'router swop-over'. The BT Openreach box is a modem which makes the connection to the BT fibre network - the router just piggy-back's onto it. Similar to The Doc, I've used many routers (netgear, belkin, linksys) and the ASUS RT-N66U is by far the faster and best wireless coverage. It's an excellent router. There are also good options to install 3rd Party firmware upgrades such as 'merlin' - although these are purely optional.
26 Mar 2014 by Ciren Jules
votes
If you're on Sky DSL you could either use this in addition to your sky modem - or if you want one device to do everything you'd be better off with the DSL-N66U which includes a DSL modem.
28 days ago by Paperwork Dan
votes
I'm not sure of the talk talk setup so can't answer with any degree of certainty. Im guessing you have adsl and not fibre here? My assumption would be that the talk talk box would stay as the modem/router and the Asus would become the wireless access point. If the talk talk box can be configured in modem only mode then everything else can be handled by the Asus. This is desirable! I think the best course of action would be to speak to talk talk support.
9 hours ago by RichieU
votes
I haven't had any issues with HD channels can't comment about BT sport. With QOS settings it really day to set up video as highest priority.
1 day ago by Matthew Adcock
votes
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers