Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 14 July 2014
5 stars to Amazon for delivering, well packed, on exactly the date they said they would.
5 stars to Asus for a brilliant product. The 16 gig of storage is fantastic for a budget tablet - since most similar tablets come pre-loaded with about 4 gig of system and utilities, the amount of free space for your own choice of applications is about 12 gig, compared with about 4 gig on other tablets, so this actually gives you about 3 times the capacity for loading apps. And it has the microSD card slot so you can carry around masses of music, videos etc. as well.
This tablet is usually described as a budget model, but it feels anything but; it is very well made and sturdy feeling and nothing about it feels or looks budget, this is a quality item. The built in Miracast facility is going to be very useful for watching video on a larger TV screen.
The only downside I have found so far is the fact that the main camera is not the best in the world, but since I am old-fashioned and use a camera for taking pictures and my tablet computer as a computer, I don't care. Having said that, the camera is good enough for most purposes and certainly no worse that any of the other tablets I have used.
Saving the best until last, the speed of operation of this tablet is superb! I used to wish my tablet was as responsive as a certain fruit-based rival - now it is!
55 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 September 2014
The Intel Baytrail CPU in this tablet is very fast and results in very smooth operation. The ME176CX scores 6,500 ms on Kraken 1.1 (Java benchmark) versus 10,300 ms for ASUS Nexus 7 2013. All apps and games tried so far have worked fine even though it has an Intel Baytrail CPU rather than a more typical ARM CPU. The volume from the tablet speakers is relatively low so a quiet room or headphones are needed for movies. Battery lasts for over 5 hours while playing games and/or movies. The Memo Pad ME176CX 16 GB offers astonishing value at under £100 on Amazon in Sept 2014.
on 22 February 2015
I really love this tablet. It is super quality, feels and looks very well made and is sturdy, giving the impression of a much more expensive tablet. The screen is great with good viewing angles.

I previously owned last years model (ME173), and have taken advantage of the generous trade in offer to get this tablet at a true bargain price. In most ways this tablet is better than the previous one, the sound is louder and better quality, the physical size is smaller in all three dimensions (the screen is the same size though) it is far more responsive and faster at everything. The plastic back of the tablet is a matt plastic finish, much nicer than the shiny plastic of the previous model. The yellow one I have is not rubbery (I think it is only the black that has the rubbery texture), and not quite as bright as in the picture, I am very pleased with the colour, and it is nicer than I thought it would be (I only got it because it was on at a super time limited discount).

The newer version of Android that this comes with is much nicer in my opinion, and the Asus customisation of Android are good. Most apps seem to work well with the Intel processor, although I am having a few problems with Skype at present, but hopefully this will be sorted soon.

The only things that are not as good as previously are the battery life and camera. The battery life isn't terrible, but the previous one gave an extra couple of hours I think. It is worth using Asus' super saver battery mode. Also I believe lithium batteries take few charges to fully condition them. It is important to follow Asus' advice about the first charge. Both the cameras have a lower megapixel count compared to last years camera, but neither model takes super pictures. They do take acceptable snaps in good lighting conditions, and are ok as an emergency fall back. If I want to take quality pictures I use my camera! Or my phone, which takes better pictures than the tablet.

Overall, an excellent quality, super fast, and superb value tablet that takes some beating. Highly recommended. I really don't know why you would need to spend hundreds more.
on 10 August 2014
I have been looking for a 7'' tablet for quite a while and this appeared to fit the bill perfectly, And it does. With a quad core processor it plays games really quickly, browsing facebook is fast, playing youtube videos is also great. 2 camera's that have given me exactly what I need for a landscape of a selfie. I really haven't found a single issue yet. I Love it.
on 22 August 2014
I have this from another source, fast CPU, nice screen, Kitkat 4.4.2 and micro sd slot. Poor camera and not so hot battery, but it is a budget tablet and I,m happy for the price :)
on 15 November 2014
Nice tablet, more of a premium feel than the price suggests. Wifi drops away on occasion and the battery life isn't too great, especially on youtube. But the screen is nice and bright and the speaker is plenty loud enough for films etc. Delivery was also what it said on the tin. Pretty good all round
on 27 September 2014
Bought to link with a wireless network and iTunes library on an NAS, and stream music to Bluetooth speakers using aptx processing. The MeMo Pad 7 was well reviewed in Computer Shopper and had all the facilities I was looking for. Overall quality is very good, the ergonomics are straightforward and it linked easily to both the wireless network and the Bluetooth speakers. I would like to have an charging cradle similar to the docking systems available for the iPad and iPod, but the positioning of the charging point at the top of the tablet probably rules that out (if anyone knows of a dock, please say). As I use Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, battery life is not long and it would be easier to have a dock, rather than the charging cable.
on 26 November 2014
As a commuter for over 25 years and think of myself as resonably tech savvy I decided to think about purchasing a small tablet to ease the journey to and from work.

I do own a ipad but it is too big to carry around on trains without a decent size bag and although my kids have ipad minis they seem always to be charging them constantly.

I looked around at the other usual suspects in Samsung and kindle but this looked exactly what I was looking for size wise - reasonably slim, light and the screen is big enough to watch films/tv comfortably. I have not used it for anything else but emails, games and videos.

It is quick to start up, video playback is very good and has a good processor speed. The browser is execellent as it opens generally in full website mode and not mobile site mode.

I feel that value for money I have not bought a better product.
on 4 May 2015
Brilliant!! I love this tablet, I've got an ipad mini, a Samsung 4, a Samsung tab s and a kindle fire hd and to be honest I use this one more than all of them, brilliant battery life, lovely screen, 16g, so easy and relaxing to use. I've never had any problems with it at all. To be honest for the money i didn't think it would be upto much but it's worth double what i payed.... If your looking for a 7 inch tablet don't waste your money on anything else 👍👍👍👍
on 6 February 2015
I received my MeMo pad 7 In August. I had changed from kindle. I had seen a board with Asus advertisement while on the train. Thought I would give it a try.

The main benefit for me is the ability to add a micro sim. Which is not available with kindle. Things worked perfectly until 25th of January then it wouldn't stay on. So I contacted Asus about a repair.

What did we do before technology? I'm told it could take upto a month or less for the repair to complete. My device was in mint condition. Not a mark.

The responsiveness of the device was amazing. It did everything that I needed and more. I have never bought into the hype of Apple. Everyone told me I should spend extra on an Apple. For what I needed the tablet for the MeMo Pad 7 was the ticket. I can't wait to get it back.

I would not hesitate to recommend MeMo to my family and friends. As most of them have Apple and swear this problem would not happen with Apple. Electronics can malfunction any electronic device.

Regards