From the Back Cover
Features charts, star maps, and full–color photos!
Ever wonder what′s out there?
This is the book for you!
Do you know the difference between a red giant and a white dwarf? From asteroids to black holes, this easy–to–understand guide takes you on a grand tour of the universe, showing you how to get the most out of stargazing, planetarium visits, and other cool astronomical activities. It also covers recent discoveries and new astronomy Web sites.
Discover how to
- Enjoy skywatching in your backyard
- Identify planets and stars
- Explore our solar system, the Milky Way, and beyond
- Understand the Big Bang, quasars, antimatter, and more
- Join the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)
About the Author
Stephen P. Maran
, PhD, is a 36–year veteran of the space program who has worked on numerous NASA projects, including the Hubble Space Telescope. He is the press officer of the American Astronomical Society.