on 24 March 2010
The United Kingdom is very fortunate to have the Ordinance Survey services; in my travelling experience, they are among the most comprehensive and reliable in the world. This particular 1:25,000 Explorer Series map showed all the footpaths I needed for a recent walking holiday on the South Downs. I bought the standard paper version, suitable for occasional use. For heavy use, I could have bought the more expensive Active range, which have a weatherproof plastic coating. Another option is the bespoke map, specially printed with the location of your choice plumb in the middle -- no more toggling between the edges of adjacent maps.The government is talking about making OS maps available free online (after all, we as taxpayers have funded the OS since 1791, although it was required to become self-sufficient by Government Order in 1999), I welcome this but will continue to buy the hard copies for the sheer pleasure of feeling them in your hands.
on 26 May 2013
I bought this map from a local shop, as I was looking for inspiration as to where to cycle next, in particular, off road routes.
This map is brilliant, I can plan my routes from the comfort of my home and unlike general maps of the UK I know the routes are local to where I live. The roads and different types of paths are clearly marked, as well as the height of the land, which gives a great indication to the steepness of inclines (perfect for someone just getting back into cycling, who can't yet manage the steep inclines).
I'm even looking to buy the next map along from this one, to extend my cycling area.
on 12 July 2013
It's the only map of the area that you would need. We are holidaying in Sussex and if you can read a map it gives you all the detail you need. You cannot do this with SatNav!!!
on 27 April 2013
very good clear and precise just what i needed for my hiking days out wuill be purchasing others , arrived promptly
on 19 July 2011
OS maps are simply the best for clarity and coverage. They are pricey but you get what you pay for in this case.
on 31 December 2012
os map what can you say it does what it says on the cover. yea yea yea yea yea yea
on 5 June 2015
Services it's purpose at a reasonable price.
on 22 April 2015