on 20 July 2013
I already have its bigger brother, but the larger of the two magic arms (7") has issues when attaching very heavy accessories such as a 7 inch monitor and a big battery. This smaller one is perfect for this by reducing the leverage and load placed upon the shoe. This magic arm is very adaptable in all directions to suit your own set up and when locked down it is as solid as a rock. So good in fact, I'm ordered a second one.
on 17 June 2014
good design, small enough not to impede and flexible enough to get any ancillary kit into the right position without outswinging too far to unbalance your rig. Great value.
on 30 May 2014
The joints on the arm are very strong and support the weight of a full size flashgun perfectly. Tightening the nuts to the camera tripod mount is a little hard as the surface area on the knurling is a bit hard to reach when next the the camera body. I haven't used the hot shoe adapted as I think it will be a little hard on the camera mount, but maybe that's my false impression only.
on 16 May 2014
For about £5 this is an ideal gadget - well made - well thought out - good quality. How they do for the price I dont know
on 21 November 2015
Died instantly on first use out in the field - Was used to to hold up an Atamos Samurai on an FS7 and worked for all of 6 minutes into the shoot. I was afraid to overtighten it since the knob was made of plastic, the threaded end literally popped out of its socket and I found that it was held in there by a piece of wire no thicker than a paperclip. The unit is fragile - treat it with care.
on 14 October 2015
Very clever design that locks off both ball joints and centre pivot with just one knob. It is important that the locking rings on the 1/4" threads are tight, although the arm and ball joints lock completely this is where rotation can occur if they are only finger tight, so I nip them up with gaspliers and then it's very solid indeed.
on 6 October 2015
I haven't really used it in anger, but very impressed with the construction, seems solid. Planned to attach a Atomos Ninja to a DSLR, and this seems like it will do the job nicely, and a great price. I have not used any more expensive items, that no doubt are lighter, perform better, etc. but at this price I cant complain!
on 27 June 2013
It's a great piece of kit, cheap at twice the price for the construction and versitility, one turn of the big nob and it clamps the whole lot together, but it takes 3 hands to get the thing in place when dealing with an LCD monitor, a tripod and a camera.

I love it so much though, I bought another 3!!!
on 9 August 2015
These are good and for the price excellent value. They are not strong enough to support my TV logic 5.6 monitor when moving it around a lot but to be honest a lot of the more expensive ones aren't either. I have bought 5 of these and use them a lot, they eventually fail but have quite a hard life with me!
on 9 April 2015
For the money this thing is great. Easily as good as a Fotga which is 10 x the price.

Having used it now for several months it is still robust and even if it failed tomorrow would still have been worth the purchase price.