Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 October 2001
What a super book! As a teacher I was looking for something to inspire myself and 28 nine-year-olds! This book was it! Not only did the children enjoy the cartoon layout, but the illustrations were captivating! A real pleasure to read and share!
on 11 June 2003
These well selected tales are told with wit and vigour. The images are packed with often amusing detail, while the humorous speech bubbles complement the clearly written text of the stories. My children love it - it has turned my five year old into a huge fan of the King Arthur legends, while seven year old delights in the wit. Both love finding new details and come back to it over and over again.
on 8 May 2008
One of Marcia Wiliams' best titles. This is a retelling of a dozen of the Arthurian legends, done with energy and verve. Young children will love the bold illustrations, especially the panoramic view of Camelot, packed with humorous detail, and the Round Table. There's also a dragon belching forth fire all over our hero, Sir Lancelot, whose limbs stretch over half of a double-page spread.

Magical!
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2009
superb book all in comic book style.well written and engaing for children.my son is nearly nine and can read probably 80% of the book unadded.some hard words which kids may need help with but a great read with your child type of book
on 7 November 2001
As a teacher, I found this book 'unputdownable'! We use it in class many times to find out about King Arthur and the legends associated with him! And what beautiful illustrations - used to inspire our own ideas in art sessions!
on 4 June 2012
I don't really get the appeal of this book, I find it a bit "busy" and confusing. But my thoughts aside, my son got this for Christmas when he was 4 and was fascinated by it. Over a year later and it still hasn't lost his appeal, and now he can read he's getting even more enjoyment from it. He has a few King Arthur books but this is his favourite. He loves the Robin Hood book in the same series too.
on 2 January 2011
This series is a good one to educate your kid to myths and legends of folk and literary traditions, rather than have them enslaved by Disney versions of the tales.
on 18 November 2012
Got this to share with children in school, have read it so often now I fear I could almost recite it! A really nice way to retell the story with fantastic illustrations to capture any youngsters imagination.
on 11 November 2013
A very good book, I bought it for my 8 year old grandson who loves it, it has a comic book format which particularly appeals to him as he is a big fan of Tin Tin and Asterix
on 18 March 2013
I read this with my 7 year old son who was hooked on the BBC Merlin series - and we both thoroughly enjoyed this.