Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Nov 2011 19:21:00 GMT
G. Eustice says:
My package arrived today - Yay!
But there was no game box inside the hardened edition 'shoebox'!
I am sooo annoyed!! How the hell did this happen? The package didn't look like it had been tampered with!! What a joke!

Posted on 7 Nov 2011 21:32:10 GMT
Leo Messi says:
That is very, very unusual. No game inside a sealed Hardened Edition? Weird!

Hope mine has no problem. In the last two years, I have usually kept my game sealed until I go back to my homeland for the summer but I think I would need to open it to make sure there's a game inside!

Posted on 7 Nov 2011 21:49:44 GMT
That is very very unusal, I would contact Amazon immediately and if they say they can not give you another copy you could contact activision and complain, hope mine is in my case or I will be very annoyed, Amazon ort your act out, this is pathetic!!!

Posted on 7 Nov 2011 21:55:30 GMT
Amazon is being very pathetic with this game release. I have been on to customer service 6 times, my order has been stuck on dispatching soon all day and still has not been shipped, despite being told over the phone by customer services one hour ago it would be sent "any minute"... Amazon has ruined their reputation with me because of this.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 12:57:31 GMT
C. C. Brown says:
Dont be a muppet. How is it Amazons fault if its a sealed unit? Its Activisions fault or whoever packages them.
Mine arrived this morning, and it was shrink wrapped by the manufacturer meaning Amazon has had no access to what is inside the box.
Do you not think you should check yours before throwing out insults, as its more than likely a one off instance.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 14:06:25 GMT
Leo Messi says:
Actually, what was missing?

The whole Steelbook case and the game inside it or there was a steelbook but just no disc?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 18:46:02 GMT
G. Eustice says:
The actual game box was missing. The whole thing. The 'shoebox' case wasn't sealed, so someone could have easily taken in whilst packaging it at Amazon.
Having spoken to 3 different people, all saying different things, they are refunding the money. But they said that if I wanted a new one sent out that I would have to wait 10-15 days and then they may not have the hardened edition available.
I just grabbed a copy from Tesco instead this morning. Not happy at all. Won't be using Amazon for games again.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 20:48:11 GMT
You've been unlucky but that is still a moronic thing to say.
How on earth is this Amazon's fault?

I bet Amazon are devastated that they won't have to field any more of your phone calls.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 22:37:15 GMT
G. Eustice says:
How on earth is it not Amazon's fault? They sell me a game. I don't receive the game. It is their fault!!
Maybe if the game box was there I might think it could be someone else's fault, but to totally miss that there is a large metal box missing is outragous.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 22:57:27 GMT
You received the MW3 Hardened Edition shoebox, yes?
The game is not in a "large metal box" as you state, not like the full steel case's that some special editions come in.
it's in a darkened standard game box within the shoe box - it's embedded into the cardboard section. Might be worth checking.....

Posted on 10 Nov 2011 19:03:05 GMT
Thought so....

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 11:41:57 GMT
Leo Messi says:
Should have seen some unboxing videos first :P

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2011 18:01:38 GMT
G. Eustice says:
Yes I received the shoebox, but there was only the elite card and the paperback notebook inside. Do you think I am so moronic that I can't find a game in a box. I still can't see your arguement that it isn't Amazon's fault?!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  7 Nov 2011
Latest post:  19 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Hardened Edition  (PS3)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Hardened Edition (PS3) by Activision (PlayStation 3)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (27)