Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.55

on 13 November 2012
As a seasoned cruiser I would have enjoyed reading this book, however it was even more significant as we embark on our own world cruise on the Aurora next year. I loved the book, I took notes on excursions, laughed at the gossip from Radio Laundrette and thought `ahh' at every reference George made to Deb's paintings and their nightly ritual of hot chocolate before bed. I loved his humour and positivity in the face of adversity at all the problems they experienced on Aurora (I hope we don't have as many!). I liked that he brought us up-to-date 4 months after the cruise and was amazed to note that in that short time they had been back on the Aurora to cruise the Baltics. Thank you George & Deb, your enthusiasm is infectious and I hope you fulfil your dream of another world cruise in a couple of years.
on 24 May 2013
What makes this book so appealing is the sheer enthusiasm the author has for his trip. This is not some glossy magazine style travelogue written by somebody paid to make the trip. This is an "ordinary" couple (in the best sense)who,having discovered cruising 10 or so years earlier,decide to invest some of their pension lump sum on retirement on a world cruise.Having done so they are determined to get the most out of it in the various ways that suit them and overall they seem to do so. It is this approach which makes this book so appealing.
on 8 November 2012
What a great read...it was like being with George and his wife as they circumnavigated the globe on the good ship Aurora.
I'm sure people will read this and then start planning their own world trip!
Weaved into the narrative are lots of handy pieces of information about the logistics of planning such a long trip,some of the things that need to be considered.

Descriptions of places and people seen are vivid and life-like...the good, the bad and the ugly.

Recommended for anyone who loves cruising!
on 2 March 2014
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT ACCOUNT OF A LONG CRUISE. GOOD READING FOR ANY ONE THINKING ABOUT 3 MONTHS AT SEA. THE WRITER HAS DONE AN EXCELLENT JOB IN DISCRIBING THE ON BOARD ACTIVITIES AND PORTS VISITED.
BASED ON THIS BOOK I WOULD GIVE IT A TRY WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY.
on 3 December 2014
I really enjoyed this book, and it has made me more determined to do a world cruise of my own some day. I've never been on the Aurora but there were a lot of familiar things including entertainers I have seen on other ships (Colin Fingers somebody), the cruise director Natalie from other P&O ships, familiar ports of call and ships excursions (mostly limited to the Med), and oddly enough, familiar passengers too - Dancing Queen was one. I enjoyed the author's writing style and descriptive paragraphs, and his epilogue rounded things off nicely. Excellent!
on 19 June 2013
I did wonder whether this book may be a bit like a diary but no I was very pleased to find it informative and in parts funny. As a keen cruiser myself I really enjoyed it and thought the descriptions of the places visited made me feel as though I was there. I have never fancied a world cruise as I thought it would be too long to be at sea. I am now seriously considering one.
on 18 October 2014
A brilliant insight into the life of world cruising and has given us loads of ideas for our forthcoming 2016 Arcadia world cruise, it had a bit of light hearted humour thrown in
on 8 June 2015
At last a readable book on cruising ! I quite enjoyed this epic tale of a world cruise.... some of it was a little repetitive ... like the hot choc every night and the painting lessons... but on the whole a good book if you re thinking or even if you re not of cruising. it covers all aspects of live on board... from boarding to meal time.. entertainment to trips... sun bed bagging to never ending quizzes . A good read
on 21 October 2012
Very enjoyable read. Interesting descriptions of world famous sites.

Word of warning though- may tempt you to book your own world cruise!
on 26 August 2015
A delightful book. Thank you George & Deb for sharing your adventures. I have read this book 3 times, the first time being on Azura in the Caribbean in February, then again on the same ship in June. We are determined to follow you around the world, when we finally manage to sell our business and properly retire.