ARNOVA 10 = inferior Single-Touch "Resistive" screen that is also difficult to read
ARNOVA 10 (B) = superior multi-touch ""CAPACITIVE" screen that is clear and easy to read
ARNOVA 10(B) is the LOWEST PRICE 10" CAPACITIVE TABLET with a WebCam as of (9-21-2011). It's a great alternative to the 7" Nook Color without a webcam.
ARNOVA 10(B) biggest weakness is its SLOW 311.27mhz CPU, which handicap this Tablet into a Giant 10" E-Reader, as it is too slow for sufficient gaming.
IF your expectation is humble (e-reader, web browsing, etc...) than you will LIKE this Tablet and it incredible value
IF you expect an IPAD2 for less than $200, look elsewhere, ARNOVA is NOT for YOU.
+ PRICE - cheapest 10.1" CAPACITIVE touchscreen tablet + a web cams
+ THIN WIDTH - just 13.5mm
+ THIN BEZEL - makes this 10.1" tablet easy to hold
+ LIGHT WEIGHT - just 570g / 1.26 lbs, same weight as the more expensive Samsung 10.1" Tablet
+ USB Port - handy for photo + file transfer or side loading Android Apps
- SLOW CPU - Rockchip 2818 @311mhz will have you scream with anger
- 200mb RAM -install TASKiller Apps help to alleviate low memory problem
- Android 2.1 Eclair - on purpose to justified the more expensive ARCHOS 101 :(
- No HDMI out - on purpose to justified the more expensive ARCHOS 101 :(
- Lousy Interface
THE ADVENTUROUS WORK-AROUND
+ [Android 2.2 Froyo] - google "arctablet.com + froyo" for how to video
+ [Google Apps can be Install] - Marketplace, Gmail, Youtube, Voice, GTalk. Again, google "arctablet" for how to
+ Angry Bird - is playable "IF" you turn off background
+ Launcher Pro - highly recommend as a replacement for ARNOVA lousy interface
- NO SKYPE - skype can be install, but suffer "sign-in" error
- Marketplace need tweak to work - must clear GoogleServiceFramework and reboot to work
+ 5/5 STARS as an E-reader. Big Screen makes it easy to read, Lightweight = easy to hold
- 1/5 STARS as a gaming tablet
- 1/5 STARS for very lousy interface
+ 4/5 STARS "if" you replaced native interface with "LAUNCHER PRO"
+ 4/5 STARS "if" you replaced 2.1 Eclair with 2.2 Froyo
+ 4/5 STARS "if" you managed to install and fix Google Marketplace
Out-of-the-box experience SUCKS :(. But if you're willing to tweak and follow direction (arctablet.com), then you will LIKE this tablet. I used mine mainly as an E-reader, Web-Browsing, and Youtube Video and I am very please with the result. Everything else, however, is rather bad.