Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

• Argo

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.53

on 24 December 2013
I obtained this book in May from LibraryThing's Member Giveaway but for various reasons only got around to reading it last week. My bad, as I was asked to read and review it as soon as possible.

I read it in one sitting - I notice my eReader says it is equivalent 35 pages even if I had to flip through more than this with my screen settings - which is the way short stories and novellas should be read I think.

The first half was excellent, setting up the three main characters and their situation up for the latter half where the author asks some big questions, or rather asks the reader to ponder some big questions. The problem is, it seems to drag a bit once we get into the "thinking" part, although I did want to keep reading to find out what happens in the end. Maybe this was because I read it in one go, or read it at 3.00 in the morning when I was exhausted, but couldn't sleep, I don't know. I also have a question about the names of the characters, which seemed like I should know them, but I don't know enough about Greek mythology and history to know if they are significant from that point of view.

It did keep me interested all the way to the end, and isn't that the main test of a story?
on 8 November 2012
Normally I only tend to read sci-fi/fantasy books from the big authors like Isaac Asimov or James Herbert but after being sent this short story to review I thought I'd take a look at it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that although the story was a short one it was both well written and had a plot that was highly absorbing. The three main characters felt real and the storyline compelled me to keep reading right to the very end.
on 8 February 2013
Argo is a sci-fi/fantasy book that's a compelling and imaginative read and something you will absolutely struggle to put down till you finish it. It is thought provoking, adventurous, and will twist the mind. The author has composed a well written story with strong characters that capture the reader. I highly recommend this book to all.
on 28 August 2013
i don't know what else to say, it is quite a disappointing read following quite a good synopsis, would not reccomend
on 11 February 2015