- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Argentinean Red Wine - The Waxed Bat Cabernet Shiraz Malbec - 6 bottles
- Unique, rich blend of dark and delicious grapes from the hands of Argentina's brilliant Opi Sadler
- Medal-winning big red made from spicy Shiraz, cassis laden Cabernet and dense Malbec in top quality region Mendoza
- Case content: 6 x 75cl
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Sun, crystal clear air, cool, elevated vineyards and great winemaking skills give Argentina all the ingredients for world class wines. Journalist Joanna Simon says "As a wine country, Argentina has everything going for it" (The Sunday Times). The Waxed Bat is a masterpiece from our good friend Opi Sadler, winner of two international trophies to date. The wine's name was inspired by memories of his grandfather's cellar - wine bottles sealed with heavy red wax and an occasional bat fluttering in the lamp light. Spicy Shiraz, cassis laden Cabernet and dense Malbec create power and complexity. Smooth enough to drink on its own and terrific with spare ribs or tender prime steaks. Decant an hour in advance.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've had quite a few bottles of The Waxed Bat since it appeared in Laithwaites' list a few years ago, and I've always thoroughly enjoyed it. Warmly recommended if you like a dark, full-bodied red.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you enjoy a full bodied red wine then look no further than this wine. It tastes every bit as good as a 10 year +, £20 + wine. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Robert M.
Fantastic wine, has become one of my favourites. good value for moneyPublished 12 months ago by JennyJay
Good priced Argentinian wine, arrived on time and well packaged. Will order again. Thank you.Published 13 months ago by Simon-san