Are older Historical Romance's Better

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Apr 2008 16:18:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Apr 2008 19:08:38 BDT
Tracy Mc says:
Hi
Doe's anyone else find that the majority of the newer historical romances are just not the same as the older books. I've read all my fave authors books and are trying new authors and finding the stories just lack that something.

It may be just the new authors i'm trying, i'm still enjoying most new books of my fave authors but not all, The Queen's Lady by Shannon Drake was ok the same as the newer Brenda Joyce's De Warren Series not as good as her older ones, the same with Gaelen Foley only read her first book in the spice trilogy cause i didn't think much of the first book.

Thought i'd try and start some discussions, don't think there is any on the uk site, but there are load of the USA site which i sometimes join in, so thought i'd try and get one going.

Posted on 15 Mar 2009 19:58:27 GMT
Kate B says:
Hello.
I've never replied to one of these discussions before but I glanced at your comment and thought 'Hey, that sounds familiar..!' I've just spent ages reading other reviewer's comments on historical romances in the hope that I'll discover someone new to read by finding a reviewer who's read all my favourite books and shares my tastes. I've exhausted Judith McNaught,(love the historicals, Whitney, Something Wonderful etc but can't even finish the modern ones like Paradise) Laura Kinsale, Loretta Chase (Lord of scoundrels is brilliant!), Gaelen Foley (and yes, I definitely agree that her later ones lack the thrill of the first few like Pirate Prince, Princess etc.) and Woodiwiss. Other than that I only seem to have found odd books to be worth reading - the authors seem inconsistent: I tried and enjoyed a few of the Sheriliyn Kenyon vampire type romances but they're hardly traditional...
What I'd really love to find is another Georgette Heyer Devil's Cub or These Old Shades: can anyone suggest anything similar that they've enjoyed?
Kate
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa2686984)

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  3 Apr 2008
Latest post:  15 Mar 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Devil in Winter (Wallflower Quartet)
Devil in Winter (Wallflower Quartet) by Lisa Kleypas (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Mar 2006)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (23)