Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Dig Out Your Soul forum

Are music & flm critics necessary?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Oct 2008 20:16:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Oct 2008 00:00:44 BDT
A. Bunyard says:
Who thinks professional music and film critics are necessary in this day and age?

Consider the fact we have websites such as Amazon.com to allow us to discuss what we think about the artist, band or production.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2008 20:29:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Oct 2008 20:30:40 BDT
J. SULLIVAN says:
although i do read some reviews in papers and NME etc. i take most of the heavy criticism with a pinch of salt, at the end of the day i think its down to the individual as to whether they like it or not. some albums have been panned by critics but the fans love it. i guess it all depends.

i think generally the media can be heavily biased towards the new bands and not give the old bands a chance these days. Arctic Monkey's got an excellent review but i don't see the big deal about them myself :-S maybe i'm missing something tho.

anyway, thankfully this time the media have generally given positive reviews towards Dig Out Your Soul which was really good to see because it is about time they gave Oasis a thumbs up! much deserved anyway!!!! album rocks! definately the best since morning glory.

i think music and film critics are a load of rubbish - it is not down to a few people to decide if the album or film is good enough for you, it is down to you! if it is a sequel to a film you loved or an album by someone's fave band then people are going to buy it no matter what and give their opinion. amazon or a forum is an ideal place.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dig Out Your Soul forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  5 Oct 2008
Latest post:  6 Oct 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL
DIG OUT YOUR SOUL by Oasis (Audio CD)
3.6 out of 5 stars (167)