Now in an updated third edition, Archaeology: The Basics provides a straightforward and engaging introduction, answering key questions about how and why we practice archaeology and examining the theories and themes underpinning the subject. Fully updated, this new edition includes a wide range of examples and new material on key growth areas including:
- Evolutionary approaches in current archaeology
- The archaeology of landscape and place
- Interdisciplinary archaeological practice
- The impact and value of archaeology
- Conflict archaeology and the politics of the past
With 12 new illustrations, additional case studies and a glossary of key archaeological terms, this text is essential reading for all those beginning to study archaeology and anyone who has ever questioned the past.