on 5 April 2014
The typesetting is clear, as is the reading on the CD. Neither the vocabulary, the grammar nor the stories are complex, which makes them accessible to intermediate students. I am struggling a little with Arabic but this book is giving me confidence; proving to me that I can understand it when it is printed as well as when it is spoken. Obviously I look at the translations, but I do try to avoid looking at them whilst reading the story, instead using them to prepare me for reading or for checking my understanding. I suppose my only criticism would be that it would have been a good idea to have put the translations on the following page so that it would not be so easy to refer to them - but this is a minor criticism and also personal preference.
I have been told it is a good idea to read children's books and so forth, but I have found difficulty engaging with the stories in them, whereas I find the stories in this engaging enough not to be tedious. I dithered a little before buying this as I wasn't sure whether it would be any use - I have bought plenty of other books which are either too advanced, too simplistic, or in other ways unsuitable, however this book is just right as far as I am concerned.
on 19 May 2014
Some of the stories in this book really made me chuckle. A fantastic book for intermediate to higher intermediate students of Arabic language. Grammatical structures used are pretty basic e.g verb, subject, object etc (so far!). Good exposure to vocabulary, very easy to use as it has the english translation of each story on the opposite page. Stories get longer towards the end of the book.

Great book to have considering I have found it difficult to find decent arabic story books in the past. Also great that it's all in one volume so enthusiasts of the language can carry it around with them where ever they go!

Comes with a CD though I am not really using this much at this stage. Has minimal diacritical voweling signs on letters so CD may be useful for pronounciation.
on 15 January 2014
This is the best Arabic Story book that I have found because it comes complete with a CD with mp3 tracks of the stories in the arabic language.

The CD tracks of the stories are read by a man and a woman. It's good to hear in different tones as it helps with learning pronunciation.

The stories range from the simple to the complex but are always fun.

I saw this on Amazon US before looking on Amazon UK but purchased it as soon as it was released here.

It's a fantastic book for any student of languages or anyone seeking to learn arabic. I would completely recommend it!
on 2 February 2016
Excellent. Size of stories is short (1-2 pages). Vocabulary and expressions useful. Exactly matching Arabic English texts on each side of the page. Big enough book to be worth it (some other editions of bilingual texts are tiny). This is a useful book for any Arabic student who probably is at the level of finished level Alkitaab 3.
on 14 February 2014
I've been using these stories in my Arabic lessons to practice grammar. The stories are so simple and pure, that it offers a great opportunity to test your grammar abilities. If you can recognize when to use accusative, jussive, etc... and if you have any troubles with the vocabulary, the English is on the next page. So, it's a wonderful format. I wish the author would do more...
on 19 September 2015
Great little book - would have preferred it with the vowels marked. Originally I only gave it 3/5 as I couldn't get the CD to work on any of my equipment !! However £ 100 later I now have a DAB radio with MP3-enabled CD player (I think that's what the guy said) so I can listen to the disc. Pity it couldn't have been a normal CD !!!
on 4 April 2015
Excellent book with challenging stories that further your Arabic learning.
on 4 March 2016
Arabic and english. The print is very good and there is also an audio CD. The only downside is that the stories arent longer than two pages which is a little dissapointing as i would like the challenge. There is no vowling u less it's needed on the particular letter. So beginners may struggle with this.
on 25 April 2014
Countable pages are 255 plus 5 more (picture, title etc). However, book is great. I should have had this when i was learning Arabic. It has easy readable, educative and funny stories. I haven't played cd yet. Once i do it, i will edit my post. I suggest students buy this book.
on 11 December 2015
The stories are very nicely organised starting with the easiest and finishing with more difficult ones. The vocabulary in the book is great. Most is very formal but for students of arabic they are ideal to enhence and practise vocabulary and grammar.