Size: 3 pack|Change

on 30 January 2012
As other reviewers have mentioned, these cartridges will not fit some older water filters- I took the chance and found out the hard way! I have a Kenwood WF153 filter, and unfortunately these cartridges don't fit, as they're too tall.

As a guide, if your old cartridge is 9.5 cm from the top of the flange (the widest part of the cartridge) to the bottom of the filter, these may not fit, as they'll hit the bottom of the filter pocket. If it's 7.5 cm or less from the flange to the bottom, they should fit ok. The flange (the bit which seals the cartridge into the filter) is the same diameter in both types- it's the length of the portion below the flange which causes compatibility problems, if the cartridge is longer than the pocket.

The seller really should put this in the product description! Buy the Laica Classic ones instead, which fit fine, or just buy a box of Universal filters from your local supermarket.
55 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2012
Being filters, there is not really too much you can say other than they work! Water still tastes fine, hardly notice a difference vs. original Brita cartridges other than the great value these come in at.

Would recommend and buy again!
on 2 September 2013
These Optima Universal water filters are genuine, I checked with Optima! They are very good value compared to the Brita filters and fit perfectly in my jug, no problems at all! The water tastes just as good as with the Brita filters, but I found that I have to soak the filters for about 20-30 minutes first and after installing into the jug pass 2 or 3 lots of water through discarding it.
The water has a bit of a charcoal taste at first but after about 3 or 4 uses it's perfect tasting clean clear water.
By-the-way the Brita filters also had the same charcoal taste at first. So honestly, I can't see or taste any difference, just a whole lot cheaper!
on 12 July 2011
Thought I's try these new filters to fit my Tesco filter jug - so far...great tasting water - we have lots of Chlorine in our water and these filters take the taste away
on 21 August 2012
I bought these cartridges to fit my Kenwood water filter.As they are specified as Universal,I expected them to fit(as I have previously bought Universal cartridges which have fitted.)They did not fit so were a waste of money.I shall buy the Laica cartridges next as they do fit and despite being more expensive are a better buy in the long term.
on 20 August 2012
Good value for the amount of filters in one box, compared to many others. Will last me a long time & the water tastes good; prevents limescale in the kettle, iron and coffee maker which was my reason for using filters.
on 28 January 2012
The packet states that these filters fit Aqua select jugs but they do not. Aqua select now do a refillable filter with compostable granules when they are exausted. Definitely do not get these for an Aqua select jug. The description and packaging should be changed as I bought some which was an expensive and irritating mistake.
on 12 July 2012
These filters do not fit my Kenwood filter. They do not slot down fully, so the water just gushes through without being filtered. My filter is about 3 years old, but I have used other universal filters in it without problems. I will be going back to the Laica filters which worked well.
on 28 November 2011
These filters are a fraction of the price of Brita filters and just as good at doing the job. Will be getting these from now on.
on 21 December 2012
Great filters work well and last ages,Brita prices are just over the top for a water filter, so would recommend these to anyone.