Aqua Dragons are real live aquatic creatures that you can hatch and grow at home. Their scientific name is Artemia Salinas, and they have been living in the sea and salty lakes for millions of years; right back to the time when dinosaurs roamed the Earth! From the crustacea family, Aqua Dragons look like tiny three eyed, long tailed, hairy headed dragons that grow up to 2cm long. Their eggs have an amazing capacity called cryptobiosis which means they can dry out and stay alive only to hatch many years later. Tests have found that eggs kept in air sealed containers for up to 20 years still hatched when they were returned to water.
The Aqua Dragons line of products enables children and animal lovers of all ages to hatch and grow a generation of these amazing creatures at home. Underwater World contains everything you need to get started including the aquarium, preserved eggs, food, pipette, feeding spoon and full instructions. Just add water and they miraculously hatch within just 2-3 days. Initially your hatchlings will be microscopic but within 5-7 days you should be able to see them. They are fascinating to watch as they swim and play graciously in their aquatic underwater world.
The experience also includes signing a responsible Aqua Dragons ownership certificate, learning about the life cycle and anatomy of the creatures while you watch them hatch, grow through the naupuli stage to adults, eat, play and reproduce. The perfect first pet.
- Award winning Aqua Dragons kit. Low maintenance pet kit that includes high quality aquarium, eggs, food, pipette and feeding spoon
- Just add water and the Aqua Dragons miraculously hatch in only 2-3 days and can grow up to 2cm long
- Care for them by feeding every 2-3 days and you will see them eat, grow, swim play and even reproduce
- Includes ownership certificate, full instructions and fascinating booklet about Aqua Dragons which have been on Earth for millions of years!
- Aquarium size 15cm width x 16 cm height x 4 cm depth