I used to use these when casting on to save continually counting stitches but I use those soft rings to use on my needle now. I slide one ring on my needle after every ten stitches is cast on.

Later I remove the soft rings and when a few rows of rib has been done I can pin one of these coloured locking markers every ten stitches or every pattern repeat when working aran as they don't need to be slid on the needle. You can of course use them to slide on thinner needles.

I can also pin a row counter or a dangling marker to the start of a circular needle knitting row by fixing it to one of these markers.

I keep a couple of the markers handy pinned to each side of my knitting in case I sudden drop a stitch or see a stitch that my needle has split = I can put a pin marker there and return when I knit along the row to the stitch.

I use them to mark increases or decreases. For instance if you mark each sleeve increase with a different colour when you knit the sleeve's fellow you can use the same coloured marker.

Also long edges can be marked every so many rows so you can match up edges very accurately for sewing up.

Trouble is I find I snap these I am so eager to get on with the knitting, always was heavy handed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2013
I bought these for a friend. I already bought some for myself and found
them very useful. they work very well when knitting toys with a lot of
ends to finish off.
on 3 November 2014
Dreadful quality; very flimsy and snaps with no effort when trying to open them. Dissapointed.
on 11 April 2013
I am working with baby wool and these stitch markers are too thick for delicate work using fine needles.
Not very smooth either.
on 22 May 2014
Better for my knitting than metal pins. also can use them for other things. These items are easier to buy online as there are not many crarftyshops around without traveling.
on 26 February 2016
Every single one of them snapped, don't waste your breath getting these they're awful
review image review image
on 2 December 2015
They are ok until you open them more than once for some but most 2-3 times and they break. If they where a bit stronger they would last longer but they are not, i think i have had 5 break on me and i have only had them a week.
on 4 July 2013
These are quite useful for lots of stuff, but I did get them for the purpose stated as lose track of things and these keep me on them. Must have more. Rather pretty on a New Baby card as well.
on 25 April 2013
Found it so handy for marking my knitting or crochet being small keeps out of your work very pleased with them
on 20 April 2014
Been looking for these for a while. They are very good and as they lock, they don't snag on your knitting. Very clever little devices.
Very reasonable price too and fast delivery.