Are you someone who strives to be the best and who wants the best of everything? If you are, Applied Economics is the book for you - it is the best book in the market on applied economics. But don’t just take our word for it, here are some comments from users of previous editions:
'This book remains a tour de force! If only more students would buy it and read it, our job would be much easier.' University of Warwick
'I have been hooked on this book since the first edition. The coverage is broad, the research thorough, the presentation excellent, the writing most readable: economics comes alive.' University of Westminster
'Griffiths and Wall have long held a unique market position in the undergraduate economics textbook market.' Staffordshire University.
"In the presence of Griffiths and Wall, other books can at best be used as supplementary references…. Griffiths and Wall remains the best book available in its area." Loughborough University
Highly praised over nine editions for its clear presentation, its broad coverage of economic topics and its unique blend of theory and application, the tenth edition of Applied Economics continues the traditions which have established it as the best selling text for students of applied economics. With its unique blend of theory and application, Applied Economics communicates the vitality and relevance of the subject to students, bringing economics to life and helping them apply economic principles to the 'real world'.
- Combines information and analysis over 30 separate economic and business topic areas.
- Examination of global policy issues provides students with an insight into the difficulties of formulating and implementing economic policy.
- Well balanced mixture of theory and application.
- Clear and easy to read writing style.
- Self-contained chapters allow lecturers the flexibility to fit the book around their various courses.
- New chapter on Globalisation.
- Companion Website includes: learning objectives for each chapter; multiple choice questions; up-to-date facts; links to relevant sites on the web; Instructor’s Manual; case study materials; answers to questions and PowerPoint slides.
Applied Economics is ideal for undergraduates studying economics, business studies, management and the social sciences. It is also suitable for those studying professional courses, HND and A-level courses.
Alan Griffiths, B.A., M.S.c, is Reader in Economics in the Ashcroft International Business School, Anglia Polytechnic University, having previously been Tutor in Economics at the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth. He is a fellow of the Japan Foundation and visiting Professor of Economics at Yokohama National University. He has also worked as Research Officer at the Research Institute for the National Economy, Tokyo.
Stuart Wall, B.A., M.Sc., is Subject Leader in Business and Economics in the Ashcroft International Business School, Anglia Polytechnic University, and has been a visiting lecturer, supervisor and examiner at Cambridge University. He has also acted as a consultant to the OECD Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry, and as a member of economic degree awarding bodies in the UK.