Colour Name: SilverChange

on 13 January 2013
I bought it for my 90 year old Mum for Christmas, she loves Susan Boyle so I downloaded two Susan Boyle albums, purchased through Amazon, onto the little iPod, (and it is little) she loves it! she doesn't have a clue about computers, she has a hard time with the phone, but this little iPod only really has two controls, a very small on off switch and a big button for the music.
So now my dear old Mum with earphones on is dancing to music, it's magic!
77 comments216 of 221 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2012
This is a great little mp3 player.Holds enough songs for the average person and you can download an app where you press a button and a voice tells you the artist and the track you're listening to.
0Comment98 of 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
Reliable and does the job required of it, you couldn't ask for more could you ? Nice green colour. Average headphones.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2014
This is my first Apple iPod so I got nothing to compare it to but I should say that it is everything that I was expecting. Battery life very good.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2014
Cannot fault this, and cannot believe you get so much so cheaply. This is the price of about three good CDs! I don't know how easy it is for people who don't have iTunes or a Mac. I have both, so it was incredibly easy to work, once I got the hang of iTunes, how to create playlists, etc. If you don't create playlists on iTunes then transfer them to the iPod, all your tunes will play at random ...which can be very annoying. However, once I figured this out, I was fine. I have one or two niggles relating to the confusing online manual ...which goes into far too much detail and ignores some of the basic things you need to know to get started. But eventually I got there.

This comes with a USB connecting cable (very short, only about an inch worth of cable), a set of earbuds, some very basic instructions and the iPod shuffle itself. The Shuffle is very well designed, with an extremely sturdy clip to attach it to a shirt, or sleeve or whatever. The earbuds are plently long enough to reach from your ears down to the hem of your shirt, so there isn't any pulling while you're wearing it.

I also ordered a set of Earbudi ear clips, which are designed specifically for this product, and keep the earbuds from falling out (which they will certainly do if you move around while wearing them.) They are comfortable to wear and easy to attach to the Earbuds, but I would recommend leaving them in place. I don't think they were meant to remove from the Earbuds once they've been clipped on.

I also ordered a mains charger plug for a few pounds. Well worth it, as it charges the Shuffle quite quickly, and can be done anywhere. My first charge only took just over 2 hours, and that was starting with a fully uncharged battery.

I am not going to downgrade this product because it is SUCH good value, but it would be nice if it came with the Earbudi clips, the mains charger AND a carry case. The plastic box the Shuffle comes in protects it very well during shipping, but once opened it can't be closed again, and isn't suitable to carry.

This product has no screen, so you need to keep track of your playlists, and trawling through them can take some time. There is no fast way to get to the playlist you want, so I would advise you to create as few playlists as possible, and stuff each one with plenty of songs.

However, despite these little niggles, this is a GREAT piece of kit for the price.
on 5 December 2012
Summary: The apple of Steve Job's eye and the thorn in Microsoft's flesh. Brilliantly designed and easy to use.

Great things:

1. Tiny and very,very portable. - great for wearing when on the run, and discrete enough to clip it to your shirt at work and for it not to be noticed.
2. Easy to operate
7. Good sound quality
8. Great value for money
9. Reliable
10. Widely available

room for improvement/flaws (?)/something to think about before buying:

1. you will needs proper headphones when on the run without a doubt
2. a little 'holder'/protector with the device would be good
3. The 'box' doesnt hold everything that well, once opened.
4. everything on the functions panel is very 'close together' so can be fiddly to operate on the move (but not at rest) - (but if it wasn't it wouldnt be this small!)
0Comment88 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 October 2012
I bought this as a lightweight ipod thingy for running as my iphone was heavy on the arm when running long distances. I love this little gizmo, it's lightweight, easy to use when on-the-go, the clip is very sturdy and it feels as though it won't fail/fall off. The sound is great too for such a small device. Would definitely recommend to any runner ....
0Comment102 of 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 August 2013
Love this little machine. I was seduced online by the pretty colours so had to have one. I have an iPod Touch which is used frequently but can be a nuisance finding the music I want in the dark when I can't sleep. This small one fits the bill; it plays the music with excellent sound. It is very tiny so one learns to manage that i.e. don't lose it, drop it or put it where you cannot see it and I sometimes forget it is on; in fact I am typing this at my computer and should have switched it off to use the music on the computer, but am enjoying it so what. Will charge it when it runs out. The price was good but I can see it has come down so I may buy one for my sister, having already selected music for her on cd. I find that the shuffle is so tiny it can be a little difficult to press the buttons without disturbing the other bits, but regular use will sort this. I also had a little difficulty setting it up which was due to a faulty usb hub that has now been replaced. iTunes has a mind of it's own as usual. This is a basic machine so you need to un tick all of your music and then just tick the music you want for your Shuffle. This is what I did but it told me it was over capacity, then promptly asked if it could fill it up with the rest of my music (which I did not want). I wanted restful, classical music to promote sleep but......got Rod Stewart album, Dr. Hook etc. Love it all anyway. Bought an extra Apple charger for downstairs. Another good thing is this is so small and light you can pop it in your bag or pocket without extra weight added to keys, purse, lipstick and thousands of other items we women carry around with us. How did we ever manage without things like these.

If you want one of these for people without a computer i.e. my older sister in her 80's. Compile a selection of favourite music in iTunes and put it in a playlist, then you can download it onto the iPod shuffle more easily. I still have hers in my library so am thinking of it as I bought her a cheap player but it did not last long. You get what you pay for, remember that.
on 16 April 2014
This clips onto the peak of my MTB bike helmet allowing me to tape a set of in ear headphones into the helmet. I use one earpiece when I am out on the trails on my own to allow me to listen to music. I would not recomend both ears as this could be dangerous.
Good sized buttons for gloved finger control. Don't think it is waterproof though.
review image review image
on 8 May 2015
I think this iPod shuffle is grat value fur muney and I wud recmend at to friends and Famley
From Luke Layton