on 24 September 2015
Do not buy these phones. Sold as new refurbished but are not. I got two and one has one of the two out screws that hold the screen missing. The screen is not fitted properly and stopped working within 6 days. Amazon should take notice of this since it was fulfilled by Amazon. I took it to apple certified store and it turns out that the screen isnt fixed to the frame since screws are missing and the shield above display cables is also missing. Its a rip off!!!! Fake Accessories! Fake charging cables that pops up messages that device doesnt support accessory
review image review image
on 29 March 2015
I phone charger blow up as it is a fake . My 10 year old daughter was very lucky not to have been hurt !!!
review image
on 11 February 2015
These are sold as new and are not! Had to take it to the Apple store as volume buttons would not work and phone had previously been sold 5 months earlier and fixed with non genuine parts therefore voiding warranty. Be very careful.
66 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 April 2014
The phone was delivered within 2 days since I ordered it first class. I'm really pleased with it and it makes a nice change from my old android phone which I've had for nearly 5 years. It came with a lightning charging cable, a USB plug and earphones. But since it doesn't come with a screen protector I suggest getting one along with a case on amazon.
I'm not going to get into the whole android vs iphone debate since I believe it is down to your own preferences and what you want from a phone. I have had androids all my life and fancied a change. I picked the 16GB model because I'm tired of running out of internal memory all the time since my samsung had only 2GB.

P.S. If anyone is undecided about a network, Virgin offer unlimited texts, 150 minutes and 500GB data for £7 a month.
22 comments| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2015
Bought this phone 7 months ago, it was listed as "Used - Like New".

For 7 months, the phone has worked as it should, although the screen has never looked as though it was attached perfectly to the handset. An Apple employee recently had a quick look at the handset and told us that it was his opinion that the phone had been refurbished in the past. We decided not to contact the seller when we heard this as the phone was working as it should and we believed that this would only ever be an aesthetic issue.

However, just a few days ago, we woke up to find that the screen had stopped working as it should and the phone was no longer usable (see attached photo).

We contacted Amazon customer support who advised us to contact the seller. After explaining to 'gift/cube' the issue that had arisen, we received a very blunt reply stating "Unfortunately, as it's been 7 months since the purchase, we can't accept return for refund."

Whilst this is correct, I'm incredibly disappointed with this purchase and the seller. When items are purchased through Amazon itself, it's my understanding that the product is protected for up to one year and therefore a return/refund is possible if the item is faulty. I would have hoped for a similar policy with gift/cube, but apparently not.

Be warned that the item you are purchasing may not be up to standard and may well go wrong within a year and you'll be out of pocket.
review image
on 8 October 2013
I don't know why I love Apple. Obsessed? I have been using iPhone 4 for the last 2 years or so. Missed 4s and 5 but I know them from friends'. Upgrade time now. Waiting for 5s. But these new colourful batch of 5c caught my attention. Could not think of anything else. OCD thing? And finally here I am with my choice of this beautiful blue 16GB iPhone 5c.

The latest upgraded version in iPhone is 5s after the previous one 5. This 5c is just a slight modification to 5. You can always check and compare the technical specification on Apple or Amazon or other sites. They say its back is made of plastic but it doesn't look like it. It's very shiny and smooth that can be scratched or slipped from your hand easily. Need one protective case immediately. It's slim, light, tall and sexy. With default IOS7 blue screen looks very cool. Enough of black and white world of iPhones. I feel colourful.

BEWARE -
Although it didn't happen to me, many buyers have issues with iPhones bought from Amazon. Because they are sold by sellers and not Amazon directly. Issues are like,
- 'UNLOCKED' phones turn to be 'LOCKED' to one network.
- 'OPENED' phones are sold as 'NEW'.
- Phones are 'USA' version which may cause issues with 'UK' sims.
These phones are usually non-refundable once opened from the box. And without opening and using, you won't know what's going on. So just be careful!
55 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2014
I recently decided to get an iPhone 5C in blue when my upgrade date came up with Vodafone. This is my 1st upgrade since my iPhone 4, which I previously had on a 24 month contract & I must say this is one hell of a great handset to upgrade to,

I was originally looking at getting an iPhone 5S also, but decided that going for the iPhone 5C was the better option as I could get it free on the the monthly tariff I was looking at & would have to either drop down a tariff to get the iPhone 5S free or pay £89 to to get the handset on the same monthly tariff.

After owning the handset for just over a week now, I can say hand on heat that I am really impressed with the 5C & in no way regret going for this model over the 5S.

In the past Apple has followed the same release pattern ever since the original iPhone was replaced by the 3G. New model gets released becoming the flagship iPhone & the previous version remains in the line up at a reduced price. This time however Apple has gone down a different route. Instead of keeping the original iPhone 5 in the lineup along side the 5S at a reduced price, Apple has scrapped the original iPhone 5 & replaced it with the 5C at a lower price point to the 5S, which is essentially the same as the iPhone 5 internally placed inside a new polly carbonate plastic shell which comes in a vary of vibrant colours including white, pink, yellow, blue & green which look quite fantastic + very eye catching. The differences don't end at just a splash of colour to the handset, Apple has updated a couple of pieces of hardware including a slightly better front facing iSight camera + a bigger battery which provides about 10% more juice. The iPhone 5 lineup also introduced a slightly larger 4.0" Retina display screen which looks absolutely crystal clear & vibrant + also increases the iPhones standard home screen size, allowing for 6 rows of app, which is a nice increase from the 5 rows found on previous models with 3.5" displays.

Quite a few people have commented on Apples decision to change the construction to polly carbonate plastic, saying that it looks cheap or kiddish, but in all honesty I have to say that this handset feels anything but cheap. Whilst the handset is as Apple puts it "Unashamedly plastic", it still feels like a very high quality product which is very well constructed. I quite like the fact the handset is a little bit thicker & heavier in comparison to the 5 & 5S as it feels very comfortable in the hand, so I feel like I quite easily handle it without a case being needed for better grip, which is something I always found with my iPhone 4 with its square edges.

Performance wise is where I really noticed a huge improvement over my iPhone 4. I had updated my old iPhone 4 to iOS 7 & was now quite familiar with it, but it's plain to see that Apples latest version of iOS was clearly optimised for the iPhone 5 lineup. Thanks to the new A6 processor which was introduced in the iPhone 5, iOS 7 zips through tasks like a breeze such as loading up web pages in Safari or loading up updates to Facebook. The iPhone 5C'S A6 processor also allows iOS 7 to handle more apps in multitasking with ease without any issues.

At the end of the day, I would whole heartedly recommend the iPhone 5C to anybody upgrading from an iPhone 4S or lower model as it is an awesome handset, especially if you'd like to save a bit of money to get a slightly better tariff deal. However, if you are upgrading from an iPhone 5, I would probably recommend going for the 5S as this would be a bigger jump in performance.
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 July 2014
I'll admit I was terrified when I paid £90 less for an Apple product - would it arrive, would there be a phone in the box, would it switch on, would it be a genuine Apple, would it work with any SIM in the UK...etc. I even checked all the packaging against internet images before I opened. At each stage of activation I checked and worried, but it was all absolutely fine. Battery was completely dead, which was not a great start, but in 30 mins we were up an running and the guy in the Vodafone shop was fantastic swapping to a nano SIM and getting it all set-up - no problem detected by the experts.
on 25 June 2015
I bought this product advertised as new and with a warranty, I tried to register it with Apple and was told this phone has had a previous owner and was not eligible for warranty. I bought a 16GB version so I'd have more space for apps and it only actually has less than 12GB (probably due to the pervious owner). Everything the seller said about this product was a lie.
on 15 December 2013
Amazon service brilliant but let down by seller as phone not genuine uk stock but was locked to a Hong Kong company - received it very quickly but taking it in to check all was ok at the apple store was very disappointed but not as much as my daughter would have been on Xmas day - phone was not unlocked at all so would have been unable to use with the SIM card I had bought - amazon very good as they distributed product on behalf of seller and will give full refund once they receive it back but beware buyers and if u have bought a phone from this seller get it checked - could be this one just slipped through but worth checking x
33 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse